Monday, March 8

Bento #110

I have been eating quite a lot of bread lately because, strangely, I can manage my weight better if I take bread for lunch! Most nutritionists frown at too much carbo intake but it works for me. Well.

So I made a tuna mayo baguette sandwich today. The NTUC I went to didn't have fresh butterhead so I bought some chinese lettuce to substitute. Yucks. It tastes awful! In the future I would prefer not to have any greens in my bento if I cannot find fresh vegetables!

Other than the lettuce, the Gardenia baguette tastes good! Just pop into the oven and heat them up for 3mins at 210deg Celsius. Inside the baguette was some Japanese cucumber, a slice of tomato and some baco bits. I forgot to add pepper. Aiyah. In order to keep the bread dry, I wrap them up so that I can put the fruits in the same box. It is also quite a good idea because it'll be less messy when you eat the sandwich.

Top: Clement's bento. Bottom: mine. I had my fruits in another box because it was a big portion. I take fruits during my morning tea break. After so much food during CNY and partying with friends, I need to clear my intestines.

5 voices:

wolfgirl said...

Gardenia has baguette??????

Must try!!!!!!!!!!!!

LZmommy said...

I was about to say the same thing as Wolfgirl :p Was at the supermarket yesterday and I didn't see it.. will look for that again..

Angie said...

i bought mine from the Toa Payoh NTUC. I presume not all NTUC will carry this baguette, perhaps only NTUC extra. :)

Jocelyn said...

You can try romaine lettuce instead if u can't find butterhead. romaine lettuce is the kind of lettuce used by Mcdonald in their burgers n salad..

Angie said...

Jocelyn, I couldnt find it too! in fact, i think i cant find it in most supermarkets. i wonder if i had missed it or is this vegetable seasonal?