Monday, February 15

My Friend who was on Page 85

Side Track...
Not much improvement from the night before but I am still going to meet my friends today!


If you have read my book, you might remember I wrote in one of the articles how I deal with people I do not like (page 85)-- I imagined them to be a pile of shit. This philosophy was shared by a very, very good friend of mine, Ah Hui. We were ex-colleagues when I taught in a secondary school some 1o years ago. Then, I moved to JC while she transferred to Chinese High to teach the gifted students. She quited teaching and took up a course in pre-school education, and upon getting her certificate, she dropped everything to go back to her hometown in Taiping, Malaysia, to start her own childcare centre and runs the school the way she thinks how a school should run. And her hubby dropped everything in Singapore to support his wife's decision!

Seriously, if she sets up her childcare centre in Singapore, or if I were in Taiping, I will not hesitate to send Jaimie to Ah Hui's school.

Anyway, we have not met since I left that secondary school. It has almost been 10 years! We kept in touch through letters (yes, handwritten ones!) and we're always updated on each other's life. There was so much to share, so much to talk... we're still so comfortable talking and sharing and it seems like we have missed nothing from the 10 years we didn't meet. We could just talk and talk and talk...

Jaimie enjoying her kid's meal at Swensens with us. (btw, we shared a topless 5~. The ratio of us sharing the topless 5 is 4:1. Er... I really do not have to tell you who ate 4, right?)

On the left, Miss Yip. On my right, Ah Hui. The 3 of us were, and still are very good friends. FYI, Miss Yip was Clement's secondary 2 Chinese teacher. Hurhurhur. I will just shout "YIP!!" when I see her but Clement will bow a little and call her "Miss Yip" respectfully.

Ah Hui's daughter, Wenjie. She is one year older than Jaimie and the 2 girls hit off instantaneously.


After lunch at Swensens, they came over to my place to continue with the catchup. The small girls had great fun playing toys and watching Doraemon together while the big girls talked about everything and anything, just like what we used to do in Delifrance after school 10 years ago.
Meeting up with old friends is such a nice feeling.

6 voices:

Meekfreek said...

So nice to meet up with your friends :)

I think it looks better. At least it's drying up. It'll fall off soon.

Sheue TYng said...

hi,
did u teach a winnie ong sijie in PJC b4? she's in JC2 this year.

stardust said...

Hi Angie. Since the swelling has not healed, you might as well ask for a few more days MC from doc to rest at home after CNY...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family.

Angie said...

hi sheue tyng, i dont recall this student...

stardust, thanks! i just went to see the doc again. i was given 2 days MC and extended the course of antibiotics. :(

Elizabeth & Kenise said...

Angie,
Did the doc give u any cream to apply?

If not try applying cream that has onion extract(allicin) as it has the function of a antibacterial,anti-fungal,antiviral.

Wish u get well soon ya.

Angie said...

hi liz,

thanks! doc gv me a tube of mupriocin. looking at the name which also ends with "cin" as the one you recommeded, my guess is they might be of the same function. :)