Sunday, February 14

The Ugliest Moment In My Life

Idy had her ugliest moment while I had mine TODAY!! THE FIRST DAY OF CHINESE NEW YEAR! HOW SAD!

It started with a pimple on the bridge on my nose due to too much CNY goodies even before CNY. Usually I had no problem squeezing the pimple (my all time favourite hobby, btw) and it'll be okie. Last night, I did the same and I applied some medication on it after squeezing it.

This morning, I woke up with a funny sensation on my face. My left eye felt puffy and when I frown, I felt pain on my face. I looked at the mirror and to my horror, I saw this red swell that spreads from my pimple to my sinus area!! I snapped a picture of myself in the morning when I woke up.

Day one of our CNY is a busy one as we need to visit both sides of our parents and some relatives. I camouflaged the swell with cosmetics although I knew I shouldn't. In the afternoon, the pain and the swell still didn't subside at all. Luckily the clinic opposite my house is opened even on the first day of CNY. The doctor diagnosed that it was infection and I was given a course of antibiotics. I was also not allowed to put on cosmetics until it recovers.


I snapped 2 more pictures of myself in the evening. The doctor asked me to observe the swell and if it doesn't subside by tomorrow evening, I need to see him again as the infection might have gone into my sinus area. If the swelling area gets smaller, I should be ok soon.

How am I going to meet my friends tomorrow with my ugly face. ALAMAK!

7 voices:

Meekfreek said...

OMG! Sorry but I laughed and laughed cos I tell you, it happened to me too! I ate too many pineapple tarts and other goodies (started way before CNY) and got one in a similar place to yours and it was the throbbing painful sort. I squeezed it in the car and it got bigger and bigger and was so obvious ppl were telling me I've got a "heaty pimple" on my face! Thankfully, I have already been on antibiotics for my sore throat (from eating too much heaty food! Developed tonsilitis) and it has since healed. 2 days should do it!

Meekfreek said...

Oh errr....happy new year and happy valentines day!

Angie said...

Oh Meekfreek, I am so glad I am not alone in this!!! :D

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

sorry to hear that. I was just sharing with Idy that I have a very bad allergy to mosquito bites, so I'm ALWAYS praying hard that I won't suffer a bite anywhere on the face because it would swell very badly. So i understand how you feel, hope the infection clears soon.

Shana said...

So sorry to see this but after "The Ugliest Moment in Your Life", I'm sure that U will be pretty for the rest of the year!! ^_^

levine said...

Faster recover!! And still pretty as ever!

Joyce Long said...

oh dear..hope when I read this post..you are ok liao...

hey..this show you are still young lor..cuz only young ones got pimples..opps..in any case..you are still pretty in our hearts..