Wednesday, December 23

BOOMZ! I am making bentos On Razor TV

I was asked by Health Promotion Board to do a bento demonstration for Razor TV. I thought it was going to be an unique experience so I agreed. I booked the kitchenette in my estate and that's where we made our bentos and did the filming.

I asked Wolfie, Joyce and Viv to come over to help me and give me moral support. True friends as they are, they all came. :) Thanks buddies!! I really appreciate it very, very much! Your presence makes me feel at ease. And thanks, Vivian, for helping with the photography. Joyce took pictures using her new Canon 450. For those who have access to her blog, remember to check out her pictures!

Eva (on the extremely left) is the producer and the host of the program. The beautiful lady in the centre is Grace. She was to make a bento with my help for her boyfriend as a Xmas gift. Eva looked familar but I couldn't recall where I have seen her until BOOMZ! Suddenly I remembered she was the one who interviewed Risis Low! Gosh. I hope my spoken English is of passable standard and I will not be another joke of the town. So there was Eva running through with us on how we could do our presentation.

Me preparing the food to shortening the filming time.

Eva doing the introduction.


When the camera was not looking at me, I can do whatever I like!


This is the bento Grace made. It is almost the same as my bento 100 except I changed the snowman's hat and the fruits. I used brown rice instead-- healthier choice!


Then I went on to demonstrate how to make 2 quick and affordable bento for busy people.


Picture time again! The whole idea is to have fun, isn't it? :D



After making 3 uber healthy bentos approved by the nutritionist, Letty, the 4 of us sat down and had an urber unhealthy makan time. As usual, we enjoyed the food, enjoyed a pot of tea, enjoyed the kitchenette, and most of all (as usual), one another's company!

This was a really tiring day but it was fun. It would be more difficult for me if Joyce, Viv and WG didn't come to help me with the preparation, washing, cleaning, packing, carrying... once again, thank you, friends!!

I will post up the link to view the video once I am informed. Oooo.. so exciting! :D
The next bento event is on 30th Jan. It is a bento making workshop of which I will do some demo again and the participants will make their own bentos with the ingredients provided. I am not inviting some good friends because I know you are either busy with your kids' enrichment classes or you are already a bento master. :) Keep a lookout for that event in this blog space too!

8 voices:

Meekfreek said...

I was laughing so hard when I read about the healthy nutritionist endorsed bentos and then the unhealthy makan session!!! Can't wait to see you on Razor TV! Very, very exciting!

wolfgirl said...

MF, you should see the nutritionist's face when she saw me in that room. She must be thinking, "What have you been eating?"
Wahahaha....

(I wanted to get TTR for us.. but..haiz... read my blog to find out more.)

stardust said...

Congrats! Wow you are on your special route to celebrity status...

levine said...

wow! on tv again! Zooom... to Joyce blog.

Carmen said...

The food all looks good! And they really tasted yummy, thanks for your help Angie :)

Aces Family said...

wow..or i should shout RAD...did you purposely wear this color..haha.

Funtastic time and i am truly amazed you have a kitchenette in your estate, next time can do Bento classes...cheers,

Angeline said...

On TV again leh!!!
Whoo-hoo!
Hard not to be famous!! *wink*

Merry Christmas to you and the MAN and the little cutie!!!

viv said...

my pleasure....