Sunday, December 20

Bean Curd Tarts - YUMMY!

My brother was very nice. He bought some bean curd tarts for me yesterday and even sent them to my house. :) He is nice because he is trained to be. I am 10 years his senior and he is used to my bullying since young. Heeheehee.

Back to the tarts. I have never tried them before and I fell in love with the first bite! It is not so sweet and the texture of the filling is smoother than of the conventional egg tarts. I let Jaimie take a bite without telling her what it was and she asked me "是不是豆花?"(Is it soya bean curd?).




I made a mistake by heating 2 of them up in the toaster oven this morning. No wonder Clement commented that "the one I ate yesterday tasted better". It should be served chilled! Silly me! And trust me, they really taste better after refrigeration!

Where to get them?

The addresses are printed on the box but I haven't a clue where they are. My brother said it's along the row of old shop houses opposite Peace Centre, next to the famous Rocher Soya Bean shop. If you still aren't convince of how tasty these bean curd tarts are, my brother said "even Andy Lau eats them when he comes to Singapore". Well?

10 voices:

viv said...

yes that shop sells very yummy food... i like their pineapple tarts, their rum ball & moontarts YUMMY... its along middle road

Shana said...

The Cambridge branch is at Pek Kio Market.. very near to Clement's working place. "Order" him to buy you some during his lunch time when you have the craving! ^_^

Agreed with Vivian, their moontarts are nice.

Unknown said...

yes!! i love them too!! from le cafe!!

Lydia said...

Jae amazed me with her incredible taste buds! Hey, am I the 1st to see the new blogskin?? Love it! Something new and refreshing!! I thought of changing mine too, but u guys beat me to it, haha! :)

Aces Family said...

wow...yummy healthy tarts.

Will sure go & check them out..thanks for the lobang.

Bee said...

Hiya

If I remember correctly, this is formerly known as Lee Eng Bakery :)

Cheers
Bee

Idy said...

Nice new blogskin to welcome the new year, I like this!

The tarts look very good, but a pity, I have to stay away from beans :(

Joyce Long said...

Wah...look delicious...very unique..

Joyce Long said...

hey..was sharing yr link with CS..peace ctr is quite near to CS office and he had tried it..they are famous for pineapple tarts..he has to queue up to buy and he is on no. 38 waiting list hor..

wolfgirl said...

I know where.