Thursday, January 1

My resolution for 2009: 等待出头天

Diana had new year resolutions every year. I just read about her latest one.

I never had any new year resolutions or even if I had, I would forget what I had resolved to do by the first week of January.

2009 didn't start off quite well for me. In fact, I was kind of expecting a rough year ahead because the year of the Ox is not too good for me, according to the horoscope. I am not a superstitious person and I do not rely on the horoscope to make every decision. I usually just take the warnings a little more seriously and remind myself to keep cool if/ when bad things happen.

This is my song for 2009:



在我的天顶 甘有人会看见 (In the sky above me, will somebody see)
看到我不甘愿那样过一生 ( that I am not willing to lead my life like this)
在我的一生 我甘愿来相信 (I am always willing to believe)
每一朵花都有自己的春天 (That every flower will have its spring)
在我的天顶 大雨落未停 (The heavy rain did not stop pouring above my head)
嘛未当改变我的率直 (But that will not change my stubborness)
永远等待那一日 (I will wait for that day)
咱也当出头天 (The day that I can hold my head high)
人生不惊风浪 (In life we do not fear tidal waves)
只惊自己没志气 (We only fear the lost of aspiration)
那一日 咱会冻出头天 (When that day arrives, we will hold our heads high)
我向往的日子会很快来到阮身边 (The day which I desired will come to me quickly)
在我的天顶 甘有人来保佑 (Is there anybody who will protect me)
为怎样我常常摔到头壳流血 (Why do I always knock until my head bleeds)
血甘会结痴 (The blood will clog up and the bleeding will stop)
失败嘛不失志 (We may be rejected but we must not feel dejected)
成功是咱自己看自己的天 (Success is how we look upon it)
漂浪的日子 等待着时机 (On the days of we wander, we wait for opportunities)
我不信命运这样无情 (I do not believe that fate is so cruel)
永远等待那一日 咱会冻出头天 (I will forever wait for the day we can hold our heads high)
人生不惊风浪 只惊自己没志气 (In life we do not fear tidal waves, we only fear the lost of aspiration)
那一日 咱也当出头天 (when the day arrives we will hold our heads high up)
我向往的日子会很快来到阮身边 (The day which I desired will come to me quickly)


That is a very rough translation of the lyrics. Yesterday when I was listening to the song, I sobbed uncontrollably. Every word which Ashin wrote touched my heart so deeply. I can't really speak Hokkien but I will make sure I learn how to sing this song!

MAYDAY ROCKS!!!!

I am very blessed to have a very very supportive and protective hubby who will embrace me with his strong arms and shield off every evil force that comes in my way. Thank you, dear. I love you.

Yes, my resolution for 2009: 等--待--出--头--天--

3 voices:

wolfgirl said...

Suddenly have a very comical iomage in my mind...a cow bang against the wall until one of her horns break and her head bleed...then a pig comes along and sayang the cow...then the bleeding stops..
Yes, you are very blessed to have the many gifts in your life.

本年命 may 犯太岁。 But take it just as a reminder to be more 沉得住气,看得开. Then can ward off all the 'evil' already.

All the best for 2009.
My horoscope says I will spend excessive.Haiz....

Angie said...

you will spend excessively (1) no need the horoscope to tell you (2)not just this year. :D

Anonymous said...

Very meaningful song!
Mayday always has great songs that do not revolve about romance/sex/emo. I like them.