Wednesday, October 1

Hot Wheels @ East Coast on Children's Day

It was Children's Day. I asked Wolfgirl what was her plans on this day and she told me she's going to bring RR for cycling at East Coast Park in the morning. I thought it sounded really good as I had never brought Jaimie for cycling before. So we met up at ECP MacD @9am to bring the children for the bicycle rides. The weather was cool and breezy. A perfect day for outdoor activities!

Wolfgirl took a bicycle with the child seat the at back. I took the one with the child seat in front. It was easier for the cyclist to have the child at the back but I thought it was more fun for Jae to sit in front so I took up the challenge. It was indeed a big challenge because I had to spread my knees on either sides of the child seat when I cycle because the child seat was in the way. Jaimie's hair brushed against my face and it was so ticklish. Hmmm... time to cut her hair? Ok ok... i am just kidding. Relax.

Clement joined us in another bicycle.


I enjoyed the ride with Jaimie very much. It was another personal bonding time with her on the bicycle. I talked to her about the things that was happening in the park (couldn't use my hand to point as I needed both to balance the bicycle, lah), brought her attention to the aeroplanes which flew across the sky, sang songs, told her about traffic rules, let her ring the bicycle bell etc. When I was tired and going slow, or when I was cycling upslope, Jaimie actually said “妈妈,加油加油!”to encourage me!

We took a short break after an hour. Jaimie and RR were so friendly to each other! I love these shots!




We took another break where the sandcastle was (near the hawker centre) on the journey back. Jaimie had her first taste of sugarcane juice. She loved it.

When we returned the bicycle at the kiosk, the attendant asked Jaimie "Are you tired?" I rolled my eyes at him. Harlow, boy! I was the one cycling for 2 hours with this child. You asked HER if she was tired? I was the one who was TIRED, ok?

We headed for lunch at JK Don. The food was average but the company was great. I mean Wolfgirl and RR. And thank you Auntie Angela for the lunch treat and the Children's Day present! So nice of you!
After lunch, Jaimie said she wanted to ride the bicycle again. She said she liked it a lot and wanted me to bring her for cycling again. We'll definitely come again, dear. BUT MOMMY'S LEGS WERE GOING TO GIVE WAY AFTER 2HOURS OF CYCLING TODAY.

The attendant was right. Jaimie was tired.

9 voices:

Clement said...

Love those pics of the 2 little gals too! They're like those 2 on Jae's t-shirt - Bert and Ernie~! :)

[Btw, all pics taken by Angie, except the one with Mommy and Jae on bike taken by me].

Sherilynn said...

Wow! Angie has become quite a photographer herself!

Elizabeth & Kenise said...

Very nice photos of the 2 gals together.

I love the pics of jae having her sugarcane juice it look soooooo cute.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

You shud have rent the 3 seaters, then Clement can share the 2 hrs of "legworks'..haha

Indeed, it was a beautiful day for such lovely outing.

cheers,
astee

viv said...

aiya we missed the outing... but it was great seeing the girls enjoying themselves so much... haha cycling can be a new act to do with our kids!!

Joyce Long said...

Wow!!..that is fun cycling day..so nice to see these 2 kids get friendly together..

Lydia said...

Hi Angie,

I took Theophila for a ride with that front seater for kids too, did the same like you, talking to her all the time riding on it, great fun! We always ride up to the jetty to see poeple fishing and their catch :)

Bty, what was that grey thing up round your left arm??

Angie said...

hi lydia! yes, indeed it was great fun! :) the grey thing was an arm pouch meant for jogging actually. it can hold my handphone and some lose change for buying drinks along the way!

Anonymous said...

with so much excitement, I'll be exhausted too and fall asleep to the drowning sound of the car engine...