Sunday, August 3

We have to have them

I suggested to Clement that we would go shopping in the afternoon with an agenda in mind. I have to get my bento making tools today. I feel that I NEED to get them today. And so we landed at VivoCity.
These were the items I picked up from Daiso. I literally had to pull back my arm, which involuntarily reached for anything that was related to bento making and put them into the shopping basket. It was a fierce battle between the mind and the heart. Anyway, I haven't had a rice cooker yet so I guess these things will be stored away for the time being until I buy one.
Jaimie was happy looking at the sea...
playing at the playground (where she kept saying "ZiNi mei-mei, Cherrlyn mei-mei, Ezra gor-gor) ...
and lying on the sofa bed in Toys R Us...she feels that she has to have the sofa bed. And Daddy Genie granted her wish. Now we have a baby sofa bed at home.

8 voices:

Meekfreek said...

Wahahahaahaha! Buying bento stuff is an addiction isn't it! You got some really pretty stuff there Angie!
My bento is so far pathetic.
I think the tools are of utmost importance. I don't have enough. Without them, creating nice looking bento is close to impossible. You need the pretty picks, egg shapers, rice ball shapers, food dividers, nori punchers, character stampers (dip in sauce to put faces on otherwise boring sandwich shapes), veggie cutters, sauce containers. Anyway, you've got a good stash there. We now need to find out a shop in SGP that sells all the "tools" for the characters. I should have bought more stuff in Japan....hasty shopping made me miss out on some vital things....sigh.

Anonymous said...

here are some link abt Bento...

http://mmmbento.livejournal.com/

Sho got show how to do egg chick:
http://www.cookingcute.com/egg_chick.htm

AND
http://justbento.com/handbook/lists/bento-archive-list-1

And
http://secdimtem.exblog.jp/

Astee said...

Hi Angie,

Wow..another Bento mommy to be, now i am itching to go shopping.. : P

Btw,Clement knows where i work,if you are confirming buying the "P" brand of rice cooker,let me know, i can check staff price..hee : )

Happy Bentoing and Lucky Jaimie..

cheers,
astee

happypig said...

你要不要先借用我家的rice cooker?反正我从不用它煮白米饭的。

Lydia said...

Angie,

Can't wait to see your first Bento :)

Anonymous said...

We were at Vivo yestd p.m., didn't see u guys... =)

Wow, Angie, u really serious abt Bento-ing... i can't even cook rice properly..hehe...

BTW, I hv a nice "My Melody" egg shaper fm the Hello Kitty Shop @ Chinatown Point - in case u r interested. =)

Joyce Long said...

Heh..Angie..I like to shop @ Daiso when comes to cooking Jap food..they have all the stuff you need..

Btw you can visit this Bento TV where they show how to make..
http://bentotv.com/archives.html

Or from this mommy who I personally know her from Cherrly art pg. She uses the above link to make bento for her hubby and her kids..

http://mamabliss.blogspot.com/search/label/Bento

Happy Bento..

LZmommy said...

Wow! Angie! You are in caught in the bento craze too! :)

I think Meekfreek mentioned the stuffs that are needed for bento making :) You can also use cookie cutter to shape your rice.

Don't have rice cooker, never mind. Prepare sandwiches, noodle, pasta etc.

Happy bento-ing! Looking orward to your 1st bento post! :)