Thursday, August 7

Little Miss Polite...Not

For the past week, I'd been the one to usher Jae to bed after she's done with her pre-bedtime readings and/ or TV shows (more often than not, this'd be her Maisy VCDs). On most of these nights, mommy had been busy with either household chores or rushing some work-related matters. While I'm more than happy to have some one-to-one bonding time with my little girl, this sentiment is at times not reciprocated. Just two nights ago, we had the following exchange as she was settling down in her allocated position in the centre of our bed...

Me: Come Jaimie, it's sleepy time. 来,爸爸陪你睡觉。

Jae: 媛媛要妈妈陪,不要爸爸陪! 爸爸 go to the sofa. Go!

Me: Jaimie, how could you ask 爸爸 to go off like that? That is very rude. You'd not be a good girl if you behave rudely. Do you know that?

Jae: Sorry, 爸爸. (*lowering her voice and in a gentle tone*) 爸爸, go to the sofa...pleeeeze?

Me: *faint*

6 voices:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...sama sama with my girl.

(After her routine nite time story with daddy)
My girl: Daddy go out (pointing to the bedroom door)
Me: No, u must not talk like this. It's very rude.
My girl: Daddy go out please (with a smile)

Aiyoh!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, Jae's so cute!

Lydia said...

LOL! Too funny...

Hey, she IS polite ok, just being "heartless" towards daddy that's all... haha, poor papa.

Grace said...

hahahaha!! 笑死我了!

viv said...

so sweet of jaimie & so smart.. but poor clement

Anonymous said...

*laugh* hey at least she said PLEASEEEEEEE! *laugh*

get ready for more 'faint' moments as she grows older...my brain is fully pumped up to meet the challenges that comes out of my little ones mouth EVERY DAY....hmmmm...guess I'll be a really clever person very soon....*laugh*