Saturday, July 26

MGS4


I know precisely why I bought the PS3.

I know that the Nintendo Wii is certainly enough to occupy whatever gaming opportunities I can squeeze out each night, betwee the little one's sleeping time and my own.

I know that the reason why I had still gone ahead with the acquisition of a second gaming platform is not so much for gaming purposes as it is for me to finally be able to play High Def videos on my Full HD Panny. With its ability to play Blu Ray discs, the PS3 is as capable, if not more so, than many dedicated Blu Ray DVD players that are retailing at a couple of hundred bucks more than it. Its very powerful internal processor designed and built to render increasingly sophisticated games has put some of these costlier players to shame when comparing movie loading speeds. That the PS3 has in-built HDD (which I intend to use to store/playback/backup my growing photo and video collection) and has gaming capabilities are just sweet bonuses.

I know these, because it just doesn't make sense to spend more to do less. Right?

But Angie, she insists that the real reason I had bought the PS3 is because of this game here.



Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots. The final chapter in Solid Snake's heroic tale. Having completed the earlier 3 installments, I must admit I am a big fan of Hideo Kojima's work.

As I watched the superb introduction cut scene, the wireless sixaxis controller gripped expectantly in my clamy hands, I now know another thing...

I know that Angie is right.

3 voices:

Anonymous said...

you two are really 'game' people!

Noe said...

Wah ha ha ... This is a good one.

Lydia said...

Even tho' I don't quite apprenhend all the gaming terminology, one thing I do agree : storage of growing photo and video collections. It happens to be our main concern now...

And of course, a wife does know her man!