Saturday, December 29

First Purchase

This is the first purchase I've made for our new home, which we are now very likely to move in just before CNY next year. Introducing the Panasonic Viera TH-42PV700H, our new 42" Full HD Plasma TV.


Of course, to a movie man such as myself (I'm really not that keen on watching Xiang Yun cry bucketloads on Channel 8), what good is a flatscreen panel if it is not supplemented with a decent (ok, this is really relative and subjective...cos serious audiophiles would claim mine isn't) Home Theatre System. Love this set cos of its got wireless rear speakers! Don't have worry about unsightly cables (which Jaimie might trip over somemore, and I then get blamed!) anymore!

And because both the panel and HTS are Panasonic products, I'd get to utilise this fanciful feature that is built into the Panny TH-42PY700H, called the Viera Link. A bit of gimmicky stuff here, but I know I'd still get a kick out of it. Woooo~ Got a good deal too - panel and HTS (plus a $200 NTUC voucher) for $3,500 at Harvey Norman BPP, after some negotiation with the sales staff. Couldn't hide my satisfied grin when I passed by the TV section of Courts Bt Timah this morning and saw exactly the same items retailing at $5,299.

Oh, I'm already rubbing my palms and so looking forward to the end of next month!

3 voices:

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

So impressed, 42"..wow..so when are you doing a movie session & invite the Bloggers friends for Movie Marathon gathering..hee : )

Happy 2008 to Angie, Jaimie and you !!!

cheers,
astee

Idy said...

Wah, 42" leh, so shiok... must bring some ta gong DVDs to watch during the house warming (I am assuming that you will invite me hor) to test the system. Hahaha...

Wishing you, Angie and Jae a happy and healthy 2008!

Cheers :)

Clement said...

Ok, when I get the system set up and it turns out GOOD, I'd invite frens over to show off! :P