Sunday, December 30

Year-End Melancholy

Here I sit again
in my office
gaining a little warmth
from the stale air
in my office
when the air-conditioner
takes a rest on weekends
Here I sit again
typing away
tiring my PC which
has tirelessly slogged
with me for yet another year

Here I sit again
wondering how my friends
have been doing .....and
sadness creeps in
as the missings sink in
and ......................
From the deepest depth of my heart
I am wishing for them to have safety and health
whereever they are;
that they are loved and valued;
and have another blissful and bountiful year ahead
in 2008.

Happy New Year!!!
I said to all aloud in my heart
as I sit here in silence
........ the only soul left here
typing away..........

With Love,
TSL
30/12/2008
2008hrs

................................................................................................

Here I sit again
in the control room
for this monthly ritual
which requires me to sit
and wait
for things to happen
for calls to come in

Accidents by the careless
rescues of the trapped
jumps by the distressed
complaints from the disgruntled

I hope that nothing bad happens
that nobody gets hurt
that there will be peace and calm
but something sad invariably does
in this imperfect world
of turmoil
and inbalance
and I do my job
as do those around me
i hear their voices
speaking into their headsets
ringing and rattling incessantly
every minute
every second

Here I sit again
in the control room
and I receive a message
which breaks the monotony of the beeps and rings
it is an email from a friend
wishing me well

I ponder over her message
I wonder about her predicament
I decide to write her a message, and
I wish her well too

NSH
30/12/07
2052hrs

0 voices: