Sunday, July 20

An "Expensive" Day

This afternoon we went to Cityhall because Clement made an arrangement to meet a seller. He was getting himself a SONY PLAYSTATION 3. Cost: $500.

"It was an extremely good deal. The price was compellingly cheap!" said the buyer.

I do not understand a thing so I will let Clement write about his perfect deal, if he has the time to move his backside away from the sofa which is placed across our TV.

This evening we went to Thai Village Sharks' Fin Restaurant at Yung Ho Road to celebrate my dad's 61st birthday. We had sharks fin soup(This dish cost $150!) (sorry, I love to eat shark's fin soup! Not a very environmental friendly person I am), abalone and sea cucumber with spinach, crispy tofu, black peppered rice vermicelli with crab, seafood noodles, prawn balls, thai-styles cod fish, salt-baked chicken drumsticks (that's all I can remember at this point of time...). Yummy yummy yummy!!! The bill: $391 after 10% discount with UOB credit card. It wasn't as expensive as I thought and in fact, it's quite reasonable for 5 adults. Plus, the serving is quite generous and the food is really good!

We spent quite a bit of money today but it's worth it.

(Jaimie and Clement walking round the fountain of wealth to gather more $$$$$.)

(Ok... let's pose in front of the fountain like all the other tourists....)

(My brother and Clement playing the playstation 3 game after dinner. Clement passed his PS2 to my brother so that my brother can continue his journey as a Dynasty Warrior.)

8 voices:

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

$$ can always be earned back. Quality family time is priceless.. : )

Happy Belated Birthday to Uncle.

Cheers,
astee

Angie said...

Hi Astee!
Ya.. quality family time is sth $$ cant buy. btw, we celebrated my dad's bday in advance lah. so it's not belated yet. :) Thanks for your well wishes! you are always so kind.

Meekfreek said...

Eh Clement,
Wii not enuf is it! kekeke

Clement said...

aiya this wife of mine never explain things properly.

wii is certainly enuff for my level of non-hardcore gaming lah. the real reason why i'd gotten a ps3 console is its blu ray playback capability. not only is ps3 much cheaper than other dedicated blu ray players currently available, its loading time is also by far the fastest, due to its superior processor. I've read that some dedicated blu ray players retailing at $700-800 can take > 3 mins to load and play a movie disc e.g. the notorious blu ray Ratatouille.

that it can double-up as a gaming console is just a bonus. :)

Angie said...

MF,
that is the politically correct reason. the real reason: Metal Gear Soild 4.

viv said...

haha angie, i caught you taking the pic!!

Noe said...

Ooh Clement, thank you for the blu-ray information. A good deal you have got yourself again. Good lobang leh ... I'm thinking of Christmas present now.

Ke ke ... Angie. His political reason is going to come handy for me in my coming Christmas proposal to my finance department. Wah ha ha ...

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's lots of money out of the wallet in one day!