Tuesday, July 29

Bargain Books

Clement and I went to Beauty World after having dinner at my in law's place and we saw some stalls selling second hand books at the ground floor.

I was in search of cook books for cute children's bento but I ended up buying these 5 books for Jaimie.

Jaimie is a big fan of Maisy. She can asked her daddy to read to her the same book over and over again and she can recite some of the Maisy stories which we borrowed from the library! Every time we had to return the books to the library, Jaimie would be quite reluctant to part with the books.

Hence, I was really thrilled when I found "Maisy Likes Driving" among the second hand books and it only cost $3.90! I went through the mountains of books and found 4 more with the help of the stall owner. The total amount I paid for these 5 books: $22.50.

When I gave Jaimie the books, she was thrilled too! She pulled out one book after another from the plastic bag and requested Clement to read to her. On our way home, she even wanted to hug her plastic bag of Maisy books.

The conditions of the books are not fantastic-- about the same as those we borrow from the national libraries. I think for the price I paid, it is very worth the money and seeing the joy on Jaimie's face is priceless.

1 voices:

Joyce Long said...

Indeed..buy 2nd hands or bargain books is my pastime now for Cherrlyn..Cheap and can buy lots of them..(^&^)