Tuesday, April 1

Day 3 - 1 Apr 08

Day 3 - 1 Apr 08

Ah. I had forgotten to report an important thing in my previous entry. That was:

I DID GYM YESTERDAY!

The gym at hotel was really quite something. Located one floor below the lobby floor, it turned out to be much more "happening" than I would have thought hotel gyms could be. There were 12 threadmill machines, and each of them was fitted with individual LCD TV panels. Coincidentally, the threadmill machines were the same model as those we have at our condo's gym. What I hadn't expected was how large the gym was and how many people were working out in there. Lots of young people too - apparently the gym was a public gym that operated from within the hotel premises. Besides opening to those with gym membership, hotel guests could also make use of the facilities FOC. We had to bring along a hotel towel and fill up a health form to be admitted, though. The vibe was really quite good, and I easily managed my usual 4km threadmill workout.

During lunchtime, after scrutinising the offerings on each of the 4 canteen stalls carefully, I settled again for chinese. The portion served was HUGE. I had to keep saying "ok ok that's enough" to the waitress. Paid 23 NIS today cos I didn't order any drinks this round.
We had field visits this afternoon - a very welcomed break from the monotony of classroom lectures. It was a good thing that weather remained fine throughout the day. Generally quite comfortable, though a tad dry.

Dinner was hosted by the consultants, at a restaurant that served local middle-eastern dishes. When the entres came, there were just so much food. Humus, filafel, many many different types of salad dishes, many many different types of pita bread, and other assorted stuff that I could neither name nor guess their contents. As the delegation dug in, I had to remind them that these were just the tip of the iceberg.

"Don't make the same mistake I did during my previous trip here. This is just Round 1. Yes, it's all very nice but you won't want to stuff yourselves on this and end up with no more capacities to stomach the main course.", I cautioned.

"Huh? Still got Round 2 ah? I full already leh!"

Well, we all learn our lesson the first time. Hahaha.

I miss my girls.

...........................................................................................



The site visits brought us to the old parts of Tel Aviv.


We visited the spot where the ex Israeli Prime Minister was assasinated, and his memorial on Rabin Square.


Quite interestingly, there was this group of yuppies at the Square, carrying signs that read "FREE HUGS". I contemplated approaching one of them but decided to refrain myself, since no one else in the group, nor anyone else I see on the streets, did so.

1 voices:

Meekfreek said...

OMG Clement...you are in Tel Aviv!!! This is for work? Counter terrorism recce for homeland security?

How interesting...we must meet up at Fidgets again so I can get all the juicy goss!