Monday, March 17

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

After a morning of anxiety and translated into a fiery temper, I arrived at the dental clinic at 2.15pm. I had rung to push up my appointment so that I can get over and done with this dental thingy.

I sat on the dentist chair and as the seat was lowered, I imagined I was William Wallace from Brave Heart. If you recall the movie, the last scene was William was being tied to a stone slab to have his intestines taken out one by one... and he endured the pain, only to conserve all his energy to cry out "FFFRRREEEEEDDOOOOOMMMMM" when he was asked to plead for his death.

Ok.. where was I? Anyway, I told the petite dentist about my concern and she used something to knock knock and poke poke on my tooth. Then she used her finger to push my crowned tooth, checked it and declared that it was alright. I was SOOOOOO relieved!!! However, she mentioned that we need to review the crown every 6mths and perhaps need to do another crowning some time later. Oh well, we'll worry about that later.

She went on to check do the scaling while checking for possible cavities. Woooo hoooo~~~ another good news!!! I HAVE NO CAVITY!!!!! I almost wanted to jump for joy!

Now I can be very happy for the next 6mths. No more butterflies in my stomach... until my next visit to the dentist.

3 voices:

Joyce Long said...

That is very brave of you to get over the fear of those scaling. Good news that you have clean record of teeth..horray

Meekfreek said...

haha! You win the Oscar for best performance in the Dental Clinic! Congrats on your clean bill of dental health!

Clement said...

Actually hor, the last scene from the movie "Braveheart" (and "Braveheart" is one word, not two) is about Robert the Bruce leading a bunch of his fellow Scotsmen - William Wallaces ex-comrades-in-arms - valiantly into battle on the fields of Bannockburn. And the final voiceover:

"They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

End Credits