Sunday, July 24

Kids' Kampong

Wow.. when was the last time we had fun doing longkang fishing? It was almost 2 years ago! So when YS messaged me and invited us to celebrate Seraphine's 7th birthday at the Kids' Kampong, both Jaimie and I were thrilled. Clement is out of town so he missed the fun. Here's Seraphine, the birthday star, also the "Queen Fisher". She was good at longkang fishing!

When we stepped into the fishing area, we saw lots and lots of fish in the longkang. "Aiyah, a piece of cake, lah! Looks so much easier than the Bottle Tree Park longkang fishing!" I told myself. I handed over the net and the bucket to Jaimie and told her to go and catch the fish. "Just scoop, you will be able to catch. So easy!" Then, I stepped aside to make some phonecalls. Before I could finish making the call, Jaimie came to me, frustrated and disappointed. She couldn't catch A SINGLE fish.


I told her to show me how did she go about fishing. She demonstrated. Well, she was literally running after the fishes and plunge her fishing net into the longkang randomly.
"Aiyoh!! Jaimie!! Not like that! Come, mama show you!" With so much confidence, I chose a spot where there were many fish. "Look, this is how you should do it..." I told Jaimie. The moment I dipped my net into the water, all the fishes dispersed. "MOMMY!! The fishes are gone!" exclaimed Jaimie, who was even more disappointed by now. "Errrrr, dont worry!! I will catch them for you!"

And after that, I squatted beside the longkang for the next 30mins, perspiring and frustrated at the cunning fishes which swam in lightning speed. I managed to catch a decent number of fish (mostly young ones or sickly ones) and Jaimie was extremely pleased. Oh, Jaimie caught one too! But it was a dead fish.
After the longkang fishing, it's animal feeding time before we feed the little animals children.




They even have fighting fish! It's $4 for a match.
The children had a lot of fun feeding the animals and even experienced being pecked by the hungry ducks during the feed!

Now, it's the moment they have been waiting for -- lunch! While waiting for YS to pick up the kids' meals from MacDonalds, the children gathered for a drink while peeping at the birthday cake again and again.
Xaeus, so cheeky!

The final program for the day was "Pet Show". The kids were laughing so hysterically when 2 mice were put on a rappelling competition. They had the chance to touch and carry the pets too.



Before the children went home, they had their fishes packed for them. I convinced Jaimie to let the fishes go. Jaimie wanted to bring home the fishes very much but she is indeed a very kind and compassionate girl. She bid her (MINE!) fishes goodbye and sent them back to the longkang.


It was a very unique birthday party and I'm sure the children will remember it for a long, long time. Happy Birthday, Seraphine! Thank you for inviting us to your special party!

0 voices: