Sunday, June 26

2011 UK Trip -- It's the same but it's not the same

We went to some places we used to frequent when we were there 9 years ago. There is very minimal change even after almost a decade.

Towerbridge, of course does not change but I had a more awesome view of it compared to the last time I saw it.



This mailbox, which stood opposite 20 Folly Cresent, was where I posted letters and cards to my loved ones back home. It meant quite a lot to me but now it was standing alone in a half deserted neighbourhood.



The pub near where we stayed is the same. Everytime we drove pass Prince of Wales, it would be just another 3mins before we reached our doorstep.



Shopping at the same favourite mall.



Induldging in the same ice cream shop.




Found our old friend Connie. She aged quite a bit.



Chinatown remains exactly the same. I felt that time has stood still when these people migrated over. They brought over everything from their hometown and did not change with time.


Brunel Centre is the same same same!



Tesco is not quite the same. They did some renovation.



My favourite breakfast at Tesco.



We went to these places and most of them remain unchanged. However, it just felt quite different. Fortunately, the friendship and the beer remain unchanged.

0 voices: