Friday, November 5

Theatrical Tots 'A' Dance Exam

After all the practices, drills and rehearsals, finally THE DAY is here. Today is the day Jaimie takes her first examination (in her life) -- the Theatrical Tots 'A' Dance Exam.

I am the guncheong mommy who checked and checked that I had packed all the necessary costume and accessories into the bag last night, scrubbed her dance shoes clean and bought her a pair of new stockings. God knows what I will do when she sits for her PSLE!!

Anyway, the first time I bunned up Jaimie's hair during her concert was a disaster. Luckily the school arranged another full dress rehearsal for the children before the exam and I asked one of the mommies to show me how to do up the hair properly. I think I did a better job today.

The best part of the exam, to Jaimie, was to put on makeup.


It's Jaimie's turn to perform to the examiner, Mrs Shanks. They were taught to greet her properly with a curtsy. The lady pinning a coloured ribbon on Jaimie is Jody Marshall herself!!
While Jaimie and one of her classmates were inside dancing, the other 3 kids got themselves ready.

Jaimie and Lea coming out of the studio. Now it's Ashley, Isabel and Zoe's turn. Good luck and have fun, girls!

We do not know the results yet but the kids were absolutely thrilled to receive a badge from Mrs Shanks. Can't stand my daughter. Must she strike a dance pose even when taking photos?!



What next after the exams? Don't know yet. Jaimie will continue to take a few lessons on pre-jazz and we see how it goes. As long as she enjoys dancing, I think we might let her continue with her hobby.

8 voices:

Unknown said...

the hair was so prettily done neh!!!

Shana said...

Jaimie looks so confident and had enjoyed herself very much! So much more impt than whether she pass the exam or not, don't u think? ^_^

Angie said...

yes, shana! :D totally! the whole idea of dancing is having fun, i think.

Joyce Long said...

So fun...can put on make up and dress up beautifully ...these are wonderful moments...

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I'll need to ask how you bun up Jae's hair so nicely. I go nuts when my girl asks me to tie her hair, now I can only manage the "Boo" hairstyle (like the girl from monsters inc. cartoon) :p

happypig said...

我的女儿竟然讨厌化妆!=.=!
奇怪~~完全没有我爱美的基因!

Lydia said...

What cool badge! I like her dance poses, should seriously consider a portrait~ :)

Lydia said...

Hi BS, you may wanna check out how to do a classical bun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDEhbpuClY&feature=related