Saturday, January 2

The End of 2009, The starting of 2010

I seldom write a "miscellaneous" post as most of the time, I will be diligently blogging about each individual event. However, for the past few days, I was very busy with meetings in my new work place, post Christmas shopping, watching "The Mentalist" online etc... I haven't been blogging at all. So I shall start the 2010 post with a miscellaneous recording of events.


Picture 1:

As you can see, these ticket stubs were both from the same cinema, same movie, on 2 consecutive days. I went to watch "Bodyguards and Assassins" on the 29th alone while Clement had a guys' day out with his buddies. I really like this movie a lot. I was holding my tears throughout the 138mins movie. Then on the 30th, we left Jaimie with my mom for the night and we went for the movie again. Again, I held my tears for another 138mins. After the movie, it was past midnight. We decided that we would walk home (we took the MRT to JP) instead of taking public transport. It was very nice to walk on the streets with Clement under the moonlight along a not-busy road and discussed the movie. :)




Picture 2-5:
On the first day of 2010, the first friends we met were YS and family. We went to JP again to meet them for brunch. After that, the daddies brought the girls to look for roller blades (more for Seraphine, not Jaimie) while Shelley and I (and little Shermaine) went for some nice desserts at the Ji De Chi ("Remember to Eat") Shop. I had my black sesame and white almond paste mix. YUMMY! The mango baked puff roll is a must try!




Picture 6-8:
Diana was so nice to make TTR for us. I almost couldn't make it because I had to make a trip to my hairdresser before school reopens. I am so glad I made it in time for lunch at Diana's IL's place.
Diana's TTR is very different from the ones I had tried. In fact, stall 1-5 were all different. TTR is really a very individual dish. Diana's recipe feels very healthy and it does not have the strong and dominating scent as some TTR does.
By the time I reached Diana's IL's place, Liana had finished pounding the ingredients, Bobby was done with the grinding, Joyce had chopped up the veggis and Diana had fried the goodies. The table was all set up and I just sit down for a bowl of nice TTR... how lucky!!

Thank you, Diana and Bobby, for inviting us to the TTR lunch!



Picture 9-10:
In the evening, we met up with another of Clement's best friend, Nic and family for ... shopping of roller blades and dinner... deja vu? Well, the blades were for Nic's son, Ayden. Jaimie's not quite ready for roller blading yet, we think.

Then, after dinner, the daddies went for some night photography while the mommies had waffles and ice cream at Gelare. Desserts... deja vu?

Anyway, it was extremely nice to share a waffle and ice creams with Jaimie because Jaimie doesn't eat the waffle, I can have it all for myself. No need to share with Clement. Hahaha.. nah, it was nice because sharing a dessert with your child is such a nice bonding time. It is a so mother-and-daughter thing to do.
End of my miscellaneous post. Back to The Mentalist. :D

4 voices:

Beautiful Love said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

May 2010 be a year of good health, wealth and happiness for you and your loved ones.

BTW, Jaimie really puts on lots weight leh! She looks so chubby, so cute!

stardust said...

Vince also loves going to Swensons with me as we will share only one scoop of ice-cream from his Kids meal. I usually cannot let him eat too much as he is prone to cough.

Happy new year to you and your family!

Jocelyn said...

I like the dessert at Ji De Chi too. Must try their durian glutinous roll, very yummy..

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I agree with you on the mother-daughter bonding over dessert. :) Used to have the waffle ice-cream at suntec's waffle place while waiting for Ee Zen's art class. Now there's a Gelare at Liang Court but their waffle ice-cream quite pricey, haven't eaten that yet...