Tuesday, January 19

Bento #103

There's nothing very special about today's bento but it's a really special bento day!

(1) The bento bag was a gift from YH who brought it all the way from Taiwan. We met up yesterday as she comes back to SGP for her term break. It's one of the lovely stuff she bought for me from Taipei.

(2) Cute lunchbox from Sandra, who sent it to me from Australia as a Xmas present (among the many things she packed in the Xmas goodie parcel!)! I have been using the lunchbox quite often but because I didn't blog about the plain bentos I made, I didn't have a chance to thank her in my blog. :)

(3) Hello Kitty cup from Happypig, my best friend. I am reminded to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

(4) Delicious rice from my mom. Hmmm... I don't know what rice it is but in short, we call it "long bean rice". The main ingredient is long bean, of course. There's also dried shrimp, chinese sausage, chicken cubes, mushroom strips etc. It is so deliciousssssss. I topped it up with carrots and broccoli so that I satisfy the "one serving of vegetables" for a meal.


This is the spirit of bentoing. It is all about LOVE and FRIENDSHIP.

6 voices:

Meekfreek said...

I just love this bento! The rice (please post up the recipe), the cute bag (wish I could have one), the mug and the lovely boxes!

Angeline said...

Its the emotions behind those grains...*Smile* Nice!!!

Lydia said...

Hey Angie, r u a teochew??? I grew up eating long-bean rice K! My mom always put a lot of dried shrimp which I would pick it out, haha!

Angie said...

Lydia, my mom is a teochew. I am a cantonese. :)

ahhh.. so that is a teochew dish! i didnt know that! i love this long bean rice~

MF, the recipe will have to wait. i will go and ask my mom when i see her.

Anonymous said...

Angie I also want the recipe please! Sandra @ Melb

Shana said...

Er..my mum is a Hakka and we has been eating long bean rice since young leh..lol..so is it going to be another National Dish Saga???