Thursday, October 22

Bento #99

I got to know YB because of my sister in law, and because all of us are MayDay fans. :D

YB went to Tapiei to watch the MayDay DNA Concert in September (ENVIOUS!!!!) and then flew to Okinawa to continue with part 2 of her trip. This is SO GOOD! I wish I could do the same!!!

Anyway, YB came back from Okinawa with a super lovely Hello Kitty bento box for me! I like the samurai kitty so much! And yes, Okinawa and samurai are closely related. I just goggled to find out. Click here if you are interested to find out more.



Fried udon seems to fit perfectly into the Samurai box! This time, I tried mixing oyster sauce and black pepper sauce to give it a peppery taste. Not bad!!

I shall make something nicer to put inside this box next time.

Thanks for the bento box and the friendship, YB!!

I really must say it again -- MAYDAY ROCKS!

6 voices:

Anonymous said...

Hihi.

I am really glad that you like it. :)

I need to correct on the origins of the bento box though. I actually got it from Okayama(岡山), somewhere in Kansai region(abt 1hr train ride from Osaka) from my previous trip. This Kitty is dressed in samurai style as 桃太 (Momotarou) who was related to Okayama city(something like that..)

Thought that the bento box will suit you better after reading your book. Enjoy...

YB

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typo error.
Momotarou should be 桃太郎...

And yes, 五月天 rocks!!

YB :)

Angeline said...

Oyster Sauce with Pepper... Oooo.... I can almost feel that on my tongue!

**I need a moment of your time to place your vote on my 2nd Blogoversary Post on my children’s blog. Because many readers feedback that they don't see my sidebars. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and Thank you if you could just hop over to vote.

sasa said...

hi, head to bought the bento box last night : ) and hope can make it someday in next week ..haha..

your udon looks great !

Unknown said...

YP, you should hear from YB on Mayday's Taipei concert! I can imagine the spread of blue in the concert hall... so inspiring!

Unknown said...

I've seen a bento box in Disney. I think it's cool! I bet what's in there is delicious, too. :)

Cool photos! :)