Sunday, January 11

Our First Photobook

The Photobook that I made for our KL-Sunway Lagoon trip is here. It took longer than the supposedly norm of 4-5 days because I placed my order over the holiday period. It was a full two weeks before the album was sent over to us.

Other than the delay in delivery, I'm pretty satisfied with how the Photobook turned out. The hardcover binding looks slick and durable. The book even comes with a protective case with matching colour. The printed pages are of pretty good quality, though not quite of the same standard (in terms of thickness and surface finish) as those company end-of-year report magazines. The printed images on the book pages, though not quite as sharp and crisp as to those printed on actual photopaper, are also satisfactory in terms of clarity.

My 44-page medium (11" x 8.5") hardcover Photobook contains 100+ photos (I didn't count) took me a night to complete using the free Photobook software that I downloaded from their website. The cost of a default 40-page hardcover is S$84, and S$5.60 is charged for every additional 4 pages you add. In total, I paid $85+ for my Photobook, after applying a 10% discount. Delivery is FOC (or rather, included in the pricing lah).

Here are some pics of it.




Those of you who are interested to start on your first Photobook project too, you could get that 10% discount I mentioned above by entering the referral code 7C4V7513 when you place your order online, at http://www.photobooksingapore.com.

Have fun!

7 voices:

Lydia said...

Nice!

How long you took to finish the 9 simple steps?

Clement said...

Thks, Lydia.

I didn't do anything fanciful with this first attempt, so it was pretty straightforward and I completed the project in a single night.

levinetay said...

hi clement, yr night shots are very nice!!

Joyce Long said...

Full of beautiful memories when looking at these photos...

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a reward or something when the people do type the code down....

putting a photo book is NEVER NEVER easy! I tried doing it...but I'm also too kiasu lah... went to cut design on every photo (serve me right)

..... and gave up when after 6 pages! But now that I have so much time, I've just got to complete what I've started (in my own time) *laugh*

Clement said...

yes, Angeline - when the code is used, both parties would get that 10% discount! Win-Win! :D

Clement said...

btw angeline, are you talking about making a scrapbook kinda project, with actual hardcopy photos? ah...that'd be something else altogether, and i suspect 100x more difficult too!

I have toyed with the idea of starting a scrapbook project too. Spend $70+ on a pretty book when Jae was just a couple months old. Today, that book is still as empty as the day I bought it! Arghh!