Monday, January 5

A Night With MayDay

It was 3.30pm. Clement and I were ready to drive to Stadium Green for the MayDay concert we have been looking forward to for a long time. We reached there about 4pm and as expected, there was a queue already. We wasted no time in joining the queue after taking a quick picture.

Idy and Irwin joined us shortly after. And we spent the next 2-3hours chatting again. It was quite sunny at 4pm but it was quite breezy too.

However, the sky looked a little threatening at about 5-6pm. Be it rain or shine, we would brave the weather and rock with MayDay anyway!

Clement wore this tshirt initially but we loved the tshirt designed for their 7th album so we each bought one.
And our friend changed into it immediately.
and he was extremely happy about it.

We ate our dinner when we were queueing...

Looked for my fellow colleague and MayDay fan-friend...

And took more pics with Idy and Irwin.
Finally, we moved into the grass patch at 6.30pm. All of us dashed forward, hoping to get a good spot. We were not very far from the stage.
We waited, and waited. The sky turned darker and darker...


Finally, the moment we have been waiting for arrived!!!!











I need not elaborate more on their performance and the excited night which the fans shared with MayDay. It was a 2.5hour concert and we were enjoying ourselves, singing, screaming, rocking and dancing away with their old and new songs. I have written my personal thoughts about the concert in Chinese over here.

We were famished when the concert ended at 10.40pm. On our way home, we stopped by at Mr Teh Tarik for a supper.
Their official concert for 2009 will be on 29 August 2009. We have gotten the tickets already.
We cannot wait for it already!
MAYDAY!!! ROCK ON!!!!!

9 voices:

Joyce Long said...

Wow..you guys really have so much fun. Looking fwd to your next Rock On post!!!

Anonymous said...

Your camera is really good and of course your photo taking skills too!

Actually, I didn't enjoy much myself last night. I was too tired of standing (got backache too) and I found that the music was too loud for my comfort. To add salt into wound, the fat woman in front of me kept pushing towards me and her hair kept grazing my nose. And when they were singing 'Jump', she jumped and almost fell down on me! I was so 'traumatised'. Hahahaha....

I sure look forward to 29 Aug when Iden will be joining us....

Anonymous said...

its so cool to have such fun even though you two are already parents! Curious, who's taking care of little princess when the 2 adults are screaming away in front of the stage?

Angie said...

Idy,
I dont care... i jumped and jumped and I was really happy! bt i'd rather pay for the tix instead of having to queue 2x for the concert.

Angeline,
Jaimie slept over at my parents' place while we were rocking hard. hahaha!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo... so while auntie is rocking your girl to sleep, you are rocking away through the night eh? *laugh*

(hey girl, forgot to tell you, I've got 3 awards in a roll for you, go claim it)

Clement said...

Angeline - yes! but we made sure the little one gets her share of rock songs too lah. so MIL had to sing "ROCK-a-bye baby" that night.

Shiny Stars said...

The pictures are really sharp!

LZmommy said...

I feel so auntie compared to both of you :) Wish I have as much energy to jumped like you!

Btw, may I know what camera were you using pls? The pics are very nice :) especially those posts with Jaimie.

Angie said...

hi LZmommy,

your enenery is channelled to taking care of your lovely children and loving hubby mah, that's why. :) and preparing for the arrival of number 3!! *clap clap clap* i am the other kind of lz-mommy --- LAZY mommy!! hahaha~~

btw, i am using sony cybershot T100. i love this one. it has 5x zoom!