Sunday, December 7

Happy Birthday To Jae/Me

I am officially 35 years old today. To start off the day, we went to Junction 8 in the morning (so that we can get a parking lot) and had a light brunch. Jaimie was very happy because she got a red balloon and she shared our big breakfast.

This was the first time Jaimie sat on her own and we sat across her. The advantage of such seating arrangement was that we could ask Jaimie to see if both papa and mama were in the camera screen when we take self-portraits. Jaimie was very happy to be tasked to do the job.
After breakfast, we went up to the mini playground on the roof top garden. Jaimie was very happy to see the playground. She attempted to find the matching pictures in this puzzle when she had enough of the slides. With some help from daddy, Jaimie managed to complete the puzzle.
As it was getting warm, we went indoors. To our very pleasant surprise, we met YS and family at Kiddy Palace! We were all very happy to see one another. Jaimie was especially happy to see Seraphine. The girls took the dinosaur ride together, holding hands.
Because I had some Thai Express vouchers, we proceeded to the restaurant for our lunch. I have always loved the food from Thai Express. The girls shared a bowl of noodle soup. I was happy! I need not eat LOL! Hooray! And Jaimie was very happy to copy what Seraphine was eating.

After lunch, YS and family went off to somewhere else while we headed straight to the stage. Unlike other places and other shows, there was no need to queue. It's first come first sit. Minimum spending was $30 to get a photo pass but since we ate the Thai Express, there was no need for me to buy anything extra.
Daddy was getting ready at the back to video the whole show.
Jaimie was happy to see Princess Kitty and her lover boy Daniel.
Jaimie was happy to see Princess Kitty and her Fairy Godmother, My Melody.
I thought the show was average. However, the "snow" that fell on the audience was quite a pleasant surprise. Jaimie was happy to see the "snow". After the show, we asked her "Do you like the snow?" Her reply was "It's bubbles." See, we can't bluff the kids.
Jaimie was happy to be hugged by Kitty.
We went home so that Jaimie could take her nap. I was SO TIRED that I slept together and woke up with her (ie, 2 hours of nap!). Actually, I couldn't figure out why was I so tired every time we brought Jaimie to watch Xmas shows.

In the evening, we took a MRT to IMM. Jaimie was more than happy to take the public transport. She had an enjoyable time at the playground while I was there enduring the noise, the children, the running, the CROWD... I felt like vomiting and my head was spinning a little. Conclusion: I CANNOT teach in primary school. I had the exact same feeling when I was seated in a primary school canteen during their recess time.

Dinner was a simple one because we planned to go to Swensens to have ice cream after that. If you go to Swensens on your actual birthday and showed them your NRIC, you get a free Birthday ice cream. We ordered a waffle ice cream because Jaimie loved it. The staff crowded around our table to sing the happy birthday song, which I thought was very nice of them. Jaimie was very happy and she insisted it was her birthday. She blew the candle on my behalf. She is currently daddy's girl so she took ALL the cherries on my ice cream and shared with her beloved daddy. Jaimie was happily feeding her daddy MY cherries.
Clement bought me the ice cream cake. We took a bus home and that made Jaimie very happy. Jaimie and Clement sang the birthday song and we cut the cake.
Jaimie was definitely enjoying her cake while I was considering whether or not to pop in some panadols for my headache.

Yes, this is the day I turned 35 officially. I think Jaimie was happier than me today.

Clement and I have came to a conclusion that Jaimie was now at the peak of her terrible two stage and managing her drains off most of our energy.

Nonetheless, I am very happy to spend the day with my loved ones.

11 voices:

秉鸿娘亲 Mom of Everett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

one thing you did make it loud and clear: - Jaimie was HAPPY!!!! I was so tempted to count how many times this word was mentioned... *laugh*

Happy Birthday to YOU (again) and Happy Birthday to sweetie pie Jaimie!

stardust said...

Wow you have so much ice-cream on your birthday! Happy birthday, Angie.

Hmm I notice in one of the photos Jae seems to be having crossed eyes?

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Angie said...

thank you thank you! :)

Stardust,
That's because Jaimie was staring into the Xmas wrapper..:D

wolfgirl said...

You sure you are 35? My! You look 25!

Tired, need to take nap, giddy....erhhhh

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Nothing can substitute more than to spend such a LOVELY DAY with you love ones..indeed, it's simply HAPPINESS.

cheers,
astee

Little Impala said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Angie!!!!!

Lydia said...

Blessed 35th Birthday, Angie!

For a moment I though Jae shared the same b'day as mommy... Glad that you enjoyed your special day :)

lol@wolfie's little "giddy" comment!

Shiny Stars said...

Happy Belated Birthday Angie!

Your new haircut looks great!

Haha can see that Jae really enjoys the celebration. Its all written on her facial expression!

Stay Healthy & Happy Always Babe!

LZmommy said...

Oh! I'm so late! Happy Belated Birthday to you Angie! :)