Wednesday, October 29

噢买尬

The 噢买尬 moment came when I received Angie's sms at around noon today.

"CD out of stock. I have placed an order.", the sms read.

Sold out just on the second day of launch? 不会吧?!

And so I made a change of lunch plans to go try my luck at the Sembawang Music Centre at Bishan Junction 8. My heart beat a little faster when I realised couldn't find it in the front-most section of the store, where the more recently released albums were prominently displayed. It sank completely when the salesgirl confirmed that it had indeed been sold out.

噢买尬.

It might have been my imagination, but I thought she'd thrown me that See-lah-who-ask-you-not-to-come-buy-it-yesterday look.

Desolately I strolled around the shopping mall and ended in the Laserflaire video outlet.

No, it can't be! The song they were playing in the video store. Isn't this....?

And then it caught my eye. There it was! The elusive album number 7. There were 4 copies left. I quickly grabbed two of them and proceeded to make payment.

Triumphantly, I sms'd Angie:

"I've gotten the CD. Mission accomplished."

7 voices:

LZmommy said...

The heading caught my attention! :)
You guys must be the die hard fan of May day! :)

Shiny Stars said...

Wow, its a very touching post...

Hubby taking the extra miles to source for the CD....

Its not just 'mission accomplished', but it definately touches Angie's heart for that efforts made by the husband!

The early waking of bentos making are all worth it!

A wonderful couple you two are!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I think you will 'breath-harder' just by not having those in your hands...*laugh*

Rachel said...

nice hubby! mine couldn't be bothered to go such extra miles less worried of not able to get one for me..:(

Clement said...

you all gave me more credit than i am due lah. those CDs are as much for myself as they are for Angie. :)

Idy said...

Hey, I know you are giving the additional CD to your friend, but hor, remember, when we need to exchange for the concert tickets, we need to bring along the coupon and the CD.... so make sure you bring two CDs on 28 Dec!

Clement said...

Yes, Idy. Thks for the reminder.

I've already told him tt I'd need to borrow the CD for the 28 Dec event liow! :)