Friday, October 10

Activity Sticker Books for Jaimie

My best friend, HappyPig, gave Jaimie this Kumon activity book quite some time back. I only did the activities with Jaimie a few days ago.



This was quite a good activity book because the activities were very structured. However, only about 1/4 of the book used stickers. For the rest of the activities, it was suggested that the parent cut out the shapes and let the child uses glue to stick them on. It was 脱裤放屁to me. It was also something I did not enjoy doing. I hated craft work. After doing a few more cut and paste, I decided to keep the book until Jaimie can use scissors and glue on her own.

When I spoke with HappyPig about the usage of scissors today, she mentioned that it was a good training for fine motor skills and good training of the little muscles on the hand. I told her I was more concerned about Jaimie hurting herself (I know there are paper scissors which only cut paper and nothing else) and my curtains. When is it a good time to let the little one start handling scissors? I will need to find out more information.

Before I am able to gather more information, I will stick with sticker books. I borrowed HappyPig's Popular discount card and bought most of the activity sticker books on the shelves suitable for young children like Jaimie. The prices of the books vary from $3.90- $12. I spent $88+ on this stash. Jaimie and I completed one book ($5.90!) within half an hour this evening. It is quite expensive if we view it in dollars and cents but it is worth the money because Jaimie was having so much fun sticking on the stickers on the relevant boxes. Anyhow,the time spent doing the activities with her is better than leaving her to watch television on her own while I do my own stuff.

4 voices:

Anonymous said...

You're right on! That was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I realised they provided stickers for only a quarter of the book! And I hated it when Faith kept making me cut the shapes out for her to paste, I thought I was the only "non-craft" person around hahaha! And eventually I kept the book out of sight cos I didn't want her bugging me to cut more shapes for her. It's since been lost in the storeroom hehe.

Funny how we both blogged about this cutting business on the same day.

wolfgirl said...

wow... wow... wow... $88 spent on sticker books... hehehe I am not the only shopoholic around...

My lappy can't type chinese... I just want to say, I like 'hao2 mai4' people like you..you like, you buy...i dun like pple who will ngiow ngiow.....heeheehee...

That is the reason why I am so poor..

enjoy your sticking and develop the creativity in Jae..Great home based activity..

stardust said...

Hi Angie, I also let Vince use scissors at home a few months ago since his teacher feedbacked he is not good with cutting at school. Now he likes to to cut paper but does not like to follow lines, not as pro as Faith though.

Joyce Long said...

Wow..that is ex leh..for me..i try to print out the templates and let Cherr to do the matching..cuz when I give her stickers..she past all over her toys faces..

So siao..recently I bot a kumon book thru online.