Sunday, August 24

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run 2008

The 10km non-competitive run was for him and the 6km fun run was for her.

We took the MRT to Cityhall in the cool and breezy morning. The 10km run would start at 7.30am and the 6km run was to start at 8.30am. Clement told me to join in the 10km runners so that I do not have to wait for an hour for the run to begin and he need not wait for an hour for me. I was hesitant because I had never done 10km before and I felt a little shy to branch off to the 6km route while the others continue with the 10km route. In the end, I decided to play by the ear. I did not wear my number tag because I do not want to let everybody know I started the race early, lah. There we were, near the Esplanade, where the starting point was.

So many people took part in the race. For the 10km catagory, there were runners as old as my father and runners as young as 6-7 years old. There was also a middle-aged man pushing his wife on a wheelchair while he completed his 10km. So touching...


I felt good at the 6km mark. I ran on for another km. Still feeling good. And I went on. 8km. Not too bad, can go another km. 9km, 10km... YES!!! I COMPLETED 10KM IN 1hr 23mins!!!!!!!!!!! The time didn't matter to me. It was the completion of the race that was important! I did it! Clement reached the finishing line at a timing of 1hr 9mins. He was unhappy with his physical condition today.

We met up after the run.

A cold isotonic drink was much welcomed.
We said we'll have Carl's Junior as a treat after the run. So off we went to the outlet in Marina Sq after we collected our goodie bag. By the way, I had never seen a goodie bag with only ONE BOTTLE OF MINERAL WATER inside. I had to walk on the super muddy grass patch to queue up for the "goodie bag" when I could have taken unlimited supply of mineral water and 100 plus at the water point. *roll eyes*
We shared a Super Bacon meal, changed the fries to potato waffle and added on 2 more side dishes. YUMMY!!!!!!!!! The burgers from Carl's Juinior are the B-E-S-T!!!!! Clement couldn't wait to sink his teeth into the "Crispy and delicious" (as stated on the onion ring box) onion ring and waffle potatoes. Don't count the calories. Just enjoy!

6 voices:

wolfgirl said...

That was good timings...both Clement and Angie's. You guys are amazing.. especially Angie who had never done 10km before! Next year when I recover, I go with you guys!!!!

anyway.. after the run....now take a lot os vitamin C...will help in healing of achy muscles...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!

Meekfreek said...

Great achievement you two! No chance I can get up that early to run. The Carls Jr sure looks delicious!

Rachel said...

wow..you guys are great! I doubt I can even make it past the 1km mark!

wonderful!

Rgs

Rachel's mom

Angie said...

Wolfie, ONZ!!! I ran until I had 2 blisters on my feet but I'll think i'll be better with more training.

Meekfreek,
If you have weight mgmt problem like me, you will get up that early to run too. hohoho~~~

Lydia said...

Angie ran 10km?? Me 2.4 already "heiheichung", haha! You go, girl! Clement cheer up, you did great too! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Like i say, 你是行的!

I am really very motivated by this run..i wanna try next year BUT 1st must really trained hard.. : P
Like Lydia said, i also "hei hei chuan" after 2.4km....haha : P

cheers,
astee