Friday, November 30

DENGUE x 2

Both my in laws are hospitalised because they have dengue fever.

My father in law was down with high fever on Sat. He thought it was a viral fever and so did the family doctor. He seems to be recovering after taking the medicine. On Monday, my mother in law was also down with high fever. She thought my FIL passed the bug to her. It was until Wednesday evening that she felt terribly unwell then she went to the A&E at NUH to see a doctor. And she was diagnosed with dengue.

2 days after she was admitted, my still-not-feeling-very-well FIL had rashes on his body. He went to the A&E and he too was diagnosed with dengue.

2 victims in the same family!!!

FIL's condition seems to be more stable than my MIL's. His platelets count was 40 today and his fever subsided. My MIL's platelets dropped from 80+ to 28 today and her temperature came back. However, the doctor thinks there is still no need for platelets transfusion yet. Normally platelets transfusion takes place if the platelets count dropped to 20.

It is really worrying to see my in laws lying on the hospital bed. They haven't had their usual cheerful smiles on their faces. It was replaced by frowns of discomfort and sighs of anxiety. They only smiled when they saw Jaimie visiting them in the hospital and the cheeky grand daughter of theirs sang and danced.

I hope my in laws will recover real soon...

2 voices:

LZmommy said...

Oh dear! Wishing your in laws a speedy recovery!

Angie said...

Thanks!

My FIL is discharged today. Hope my MIL will be able to get better soon!