Saturday, November 10

爸爸 抱抱

Went to bed last night feeling groggy and lethargic. Woke up this morning with a fever of 38.8 degrees.

“爸爸,起来~”

It was Jaimie's call that woke me up. A quick glance revealed that Angie was still asleep. I got out of bed and joined the little one on her mattress.

“爸爸,抱抱~”

With me seated on the mattress and her standing on it, we were almost at eye-level to each other. She was staring at me, wide-eyed. In her hands she held her little pink bolster.

“你要爸爸抱抱枕,还是抱媛媛?”, I asked her.

“抱枕。”she attempted. It sounded a lot like "报纸", though. With her reply, she thrusted the bolster towards my face.

I accepted her offer. After giving the stuffed piece an obligatory squeeze, I ventured, “爸爸要抱抱媛媛,可以吗?”

“可以。”

Tiny steps were taken in my direction, with little out-stretched arms. I couldn't resist but give her a momentory hug.

I feel better already.

0 voices: