Tuesday, July 3

Tagged! Yours Truly, Factually

Although this is my second Tag, it is officially the first one that I am responding to personally. The earlier one I kinda outsourced to Angie.

This tag is directed from MamaTang, over at TangSanctuary, whose blog is one that always makes me wonder "what nice makan would be featured this time?" whenever I drop by. :-)

This tag requires the tagged one to list 8 random facts about himself. First, the rules:

*start copying*

  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.

  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

*end copying*

Trivia #1: I was asthmatic during childhood. The attacks were usually triggered by contact with animal (e.g. cat) fur, or consuming cold stuff. Thankfully I outgrew the condition when I reached teenhood. I ceremoniously ate my first bowl of ice-kachang (at Zion Road hawker centre) when I was in Sec One.

Trivia #2: I am a fan of comics. All sorts of comics from those superhero types (e.g. X-men) to the "for mature readers" graphic novels (e.g. Sandman) to Hong Kong kungfu titles (e.g. 风云) to Jap anime comics (e.g. Slam Dunk aka 灌篮高手).

Trivia #3: As a kid I used to be extremely mild-mannered. That changed rather drastically after I entered the working world/ gotten married (I don't know which of this should I attribute blame to). My fuse got quite short and I'd quite often jump at opportunities to enter into arguments. Some of these incidents turned pretty ugly. Erm...not pretty. Ugly. I'm like Bruce Banner, with the Hulk caged inside of me, awaiting the next catalyst that'd trigger the transformation. I think I've gotten less edgy with the arrival of Jaimie.

Trivia #4: I am blessed (or cursed, depending on how you look at such things) in that I've never had to endure a romantic breakup (aka 失恋). I married my first girlfriend (my uni-days sweetheart) after 5 years of courtship.

Trivia #5: Because dx/dt = 0 and dy/dt > 0 (where x = diameter of wedding band; y = diameter of ring finger; t = time), my ring finger has recently outgrown its companion for the past 9 years. It wouldn't remain ringless for long though. We'd be getting our new set of 10th Anniversary wedding bands next year.

Trivia #6: I have to say that the most memorable year of my life thus far would have to be Aug 2002- Jul 2003, when I pursued my Masters Degree at Cranfield University, UK. Angie was there to accompany me for 6 months. We had really fantastic time experiencing the seasons. We made such great friends during that time. And we played Kinigu! (and I puked my guts out)

Trivia #7: I got hooked on Mayday (五月天) when they taught the world what it means to be «温柔». The section headings of this blog are all named after Mayday's songs.

Trivia #8: For my entire life I have been surrounded by "those who can". Both my parents are retired teachers. My late grandparents (maternal) have been teachers in their times. My 阿姨 and 姨丈 are still teaching. As an undergrad in the university, I fell in love. When we talked about our aspirations, she told me she wanted to teach. I knew then that this was the girl I was going to marry.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now this is the first time I'm gonna tag others. And you're IT!

7 voices:

stardust said...

Hi Clement,

These are not "trival" facts leh...

Nice to know more about you...

First time I heard and encountered "tag", I will try my best to respond well...

Anonymous said...

No reward for guessing which Trivia # I am responding to :-P

I got hooked on Mayday when I wanted to get away from the «疯狂世界». Then, «温柔» melted my heart. Thereafter, the rest is history.

Great to get to know more about another Mayday fan!

Clement said...

stardust - yah, i was like really blur when i got my first tag too.

idy - now's my turn to say "quick quick do your homework!" hahaah.

Anonymous said...

Sori....wat should I do lah? Me dun understand what is "tag". Do I need to guess something out of you?
Can tell me more?

Clement said...

chinmama - haha, u asked the same qn i did when i was tagged for the 1st time. ok, basically for this tag, u need to write 8 random facts about yourself in your blog. dats all. more instructions given in my original blog entry (see the para in blue).

u may also click on the hyperlink of the blogger who tagged me, and from there visit the one who tagged her etc. to see what others have written.

Then, at the end, u may then choose to tag ur other friends, or not. :-)

stardust said...

Hi Clement,

Here is sharing some 8 trivias about me.

http://mommystardust.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagged-8-random-facts-about-me.html

Noe said...

我也有灌篮高手!