Saturday, July 28

NDP Preview @ Marina Bay

Was at the NDP Preview @ Marina Bay performing some work-related duties earlier this afternoon. When my chores were completed, I thought: no sense wasting my trip there, so I proceeded to collect the NDP Fun Pack (many goodies inside!) and also took a look around the spectator stand/ floating platform areas, while I wait for the girls to join me from home.

I was there up to the point when Daniel Ong and Belinda Lee and the other hosts appeared on stage shouting "Hellllooooo Singapore!!!" when I received Angie's sms indicating that she was on her way over via bus. I dilly-dallied a little bit and then left the parade zone. One on-duty SAF beng-kia reminded me that "once you leave here, you wouldn't be able to come back in, you know?". Yes, I know. No choice lah...only one ticket...

Married up with the girls at City Hall, after which we proceeded for dinner at Kenny Rogers @ Suntec City. Jaimie especially enjoyed the cheesy pasta side! Post dinner, we made our way to Marina Square terrace area to view the parade finale fireworks. This was Jaimie's first encounter with pyrotechnics and after some initial discomfort over the lights and sounds, I must say she took them in well and ended up having quite a good time.

When Majula Singapura was playing over at the floating platform, the three of us quickly hopped back onto our car and left the place, before the exodus began.



2 voices:

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

We were at the NDP Preview..seated at Green Sector - No good, too many "Blind Spot".

Blue Sector is the Best - we sat there during one of the combined rehearsal.

We booked rooms at Swissotel The Stamford to see Firework but very disappointed - too smokey.

rgds,
astee

Clement said...

Hi Astee. Yah, before I left the spectator stand to join my girls, I was seated in the Blue Sector, 2nd row from the front. Good view!