Tuesday, June 5

放假 I-N-G

What's a five letter word that means you don't have to set your alarm clock before you go to bed at night?

The answer is "Leave".

Having accumulated 10 years of working service since last year, I'm now entitled to 28 days of vacation leave per annum, up from the previous 21.

Shiok.

This morning, at 0709hrs, I got yanked out of my sublime dream state by a string of repetitive sounds. "Hey wait a minute. I'm pretty sure the alarm clock wasn't turned on last night!” I thought as I reluctantly transited from the realm of the Dream Lord into the waking world. Gradually, my consciousness crept in and with that kicked in my sense of hearing.

No, it wasn’t the alarm clock.

It was Jamie. Standing on her mattress, looking over the foot of our bed and calling out, in her little melodic voice…

“爸爸,爸爸 ….”

I can’t think of a better way to wake up.

0 voices: