Saturday, March 17

Elle-You-See-Kay

Obi-wan Kenobi said to Han Solo in Star Wars Episode IV, "In my experience, there is no such thing as Luck."

I think that is because Obi-wan had never won a lucky draw throughout his Jedi life. Pity. So much for the Force.

Maybe this new Golden Pig year is having some favourable effects on my lucky stars. Maybe the Fengshui Master's tips truly are taking effect. The fact is, I feel damn lucky!

It was midweek when I got the call.

"Hello. Is this...mmm...Ng, xxx, xxxxx?"

I glanced at the caller ID. Not a familiar number.

"Yes, this is xxx xxxxx." I replied in my so-what-do-you-want-to-sell-me-this-time voice.

"Hi. This is Eileen calling from FiRST mag. Do you remember you entered the “FiRST Favourite Cover – Readers’ Choice" contest in Nov last year?

"Mmm...yes, I might have."

"Well, congratulations! You are one of our lucky winners of the Panasonic Viera 26 inch LCD TV. Can you come down this Friday to SPH to collect it?"

It took me a while to take in this totally unexpected message. I mean, this is really good! This must be the biggest thing I've ever won so far in my life. After thanking Eileen profusely (after switching voice to the oh-so-thankful tone) over the phone, I sms'd Angie to tell her the wonderful news. She asked if I was bluffing her.

The new TV set is now sitting comfortably in my living room. Its arrival is actually also very well coordinated, and at a time when I was grieving over my stroke of bad luck. See, my Palladine LCD TV recently broke down after a thunderstorm which tripped the electric circuits. It is now still with the Palladine repair guys and wouldn't be back until next week. Come to think of it, the breakdown might also be a sign of good luck, cos it happened just half a month before the 1 year warranty expires for this equipment

I think Han Solo was right when he said to Luke, "I call this Luck."

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.
Well luck is all around me, and so the feeling grows.
It´s written on the wind, it´s everywhere I go.
So if I'm really lucky, come on and let it show.

0 voices: