Monday, April 12

How To Kill A Lizard (Pictures Included) -- Tips From An Expert


Step 1: Get the following tools ready and put them in easy to reach places:

(1) insecticide with a long nozzel -- so that you are able to reach corners and behind cupboards

(2) a recycled plastic lunch box-- to trap the lizard

(3) a broom-- to whack/ block/ make noise/ self-defence



Step 2: When you spot the lizard which has been shitting around your house and lurking behind your photo frame, quickly get an assistant to close all doors and use rags at the gap between the door and the floor while you keep a close watch of the movement of the enemy. Then, get your assistant to bring you the tools mentioned earlier.

Step 3: While the assistant goes hiding, spray small amount of the insecticide at the lizard's hiding place at intervals of 10secs, increasing the dosage each time. Carry the broom with your other hand. This is to avoid having a desperate reptile jumping onto you if you spray a large amt of insecticide at first shot.

Step 4: When the lizard finally cannot take it anymore and escapes from it's hiding place, use your broom to block the lizard's path and try to corner it. While it is being cornered, spray insecticide on it generously.

Step 5: Drop your plastic container to trap the lizard. Spray large amt of insecticide into the container by lifting a small edge off the ground. Wait for 10mins. Meanwhile, you may want to get a pail of water to clean up the places where you had sprayed insecticide earlier.




Step 6: When the lizard appears quite dead, do not believe that it is dead. Spray more insecticide if necessary.

Step 7: Spread some old newspaper on the floor. Get ready a plastic bag too. With your broom (or bare hands, if courageous) to press down the container while sweeping it to the newspaper. Wrap up the newspaper carefully and put it in the plastic bag immediately.

Step 8: Dispose the plastic bag into the rubbish chute.

p/s: I killed 2 lizards over the weekend!!

17 voices:

viv said...

can you also do such detailed steps for how to kill mozz!!

Joyce Long said...

Gosh..i must bookmark this post and share with CS...you are really an expert...

If i catch..you surely laugh..i spray till the whole bottle is finished and then use a wet mop to stick it, later put in the pail with water and then boil the water inside the toilet bowl..very cruel hor..and usually the whole house is in a mess if i catch the lizard

So, I always asked CS to catch loh..he use a cloth and wack wack the lizard to come out..and then plastic bag to catch it...

Your method is wonderful..

stardust said...

Yucks!

If I see lizards, one or two always like to hang out on my kitchen table when the lights are out! So difficult to use insecticide.

ivan said...

whahahhahahaah soo funny!

wen said...

Ewww! I can't stand lizards. I will get a roll-up newspaper or magazine or a slipper or anything that I can get my hands on and literally chase the lizard around the house. I'd smack it hard enough to stun it but not smash it. Yucks! *shudder* Then I'd pick it up using tissue paper and flush it down the toilet.

I do the same to cockroaches too
:-)

The Lim Family said...

There is a new products like mozz spray btl for lizards out recently. Saw it ytd at sheng siong so maybe all supermarket will also carried it already.

crazymommy said...

I'm traumatized.
-_-

Anonymous said...

very useful tips...!!! very good!!!

Angeline said...

STep 6 made me laughed so loud!
So are you left with an half-filled insecticide now?
*laugh*

Anonymous said...

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say you're very courageous Angie. I wldn't even engage in a battle with a lizard. The last time I did, I had no choice cos I was living alone in Jakarta and the lizard was lying limp on my dining chair! When I tried to scoop it up with newspaper, it FLEW towards me!!!! You can imagine how traumatised I was...

gurl_troublez said...

I killed one yesterday.. I've been very patience waiting for it to go out from my house by leaving the window in my bathroom kept open for 2 days.. Unfortunately this thing is so stubborn, leaving me no choice.. I went and grabbed my insecticide and spray generously towards the lizard.. But I don't think the lizard was harmed except it might feel dizzy or something like that.. Once it choose to stay on the bathroom floor, I went to boil some water and while I'm on it, I didn't let my eyes off the lizard giving the lizard no chance to escape.. Once boiling is done, I grabbed the kettle and pour the hot water in the pail and pour it on the bathroom floor.. I really don't want to see the effect but from the corner of my eyes, I can see the lizard is jumping up and down.. Even though the lizard is already upside down, I don't want to take any chance, boiled another one and poured it again.. And as expected, the lizard is still moving splashing the hot water with its body and tail.. I boiled another one just to be very sure and poured it again.. This time, the lizard doesn't make any movement.. After I'm very sure, I took the broom and sweep the remain onto my dustpan and toast it into the plastic bag where I sealed it afterwards.. Throughout the process, I feel like crying.. Really.. T.T ..

Unknown said...

Hahaha nice, I will try, I was using dettol, savlon with water.

Unknown said...

very funny .... try to use carbolic acid spray... first buy a bottle of carbolic acid then being very careful put all the carbolic acid into a bottle then mix some water and use spray bottle cap... then where ever you see a lizard just spray twice. but hey be careful while doing that , cause carbolic acid is too dangerous to use... it can burn human skin too.... just look down ... lock ur targer .... spray twice... it will die and fall down.... then you can fry the lizard if u want to... lol :D

Euricah said...

I once found one on the corner of my room I poured boiling water on it then scooped it with a spade and flushed it in the toilet.

Avezan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avezan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avezan said...

boiling water can't kill :(,i killed one inside the wash basin, detergent water, phenyl, cockroach spray, turmeric, black pepper and finally throwing some tobacco and coffee. Second one i have wasted 3 litres of boiling water and cockroach spray, but in the end again some phenyl, tobacco, pepper coffee but that shit is still alive on floor. Lets see if it dies. Being single they often dont let me have my dinner, so after lot of enduring you have to become cruel.