Sunday, February 21

What I Like Is Not What She Likes

I have written this in my book page 52. 2 years ago, what I wanted to buy for Jaimie was not what she wanted. 2 years later, this still applies. I think this is applicable for the entire lifetime.


I wanted to get for Jaimie this Lego set because she has been quite keen on her building blocks lately. But she was not said NO when I asked her!

I wanted to buy this impressive toy kitchen set for the young chef to replace her cheap one at home. She didn't give a damn.

Doll up Strawberry Shortcake! Tie her hair! Not only she has a surprise tatoo on her cheeks, she smells of berries too! This would be my dream doll when I was young! Jaimie couldn't care less.


A magnifying glass to look at ants! Learn the theory of converging the rays of sunlight by burning the ants! Oops. No no, just joking. Little Missy wasn't impressed.


She was quite keen on this Disney Princess Laptop which I thought was boring.


And she said this was her perfect birthday cake. She asked us to get this for her. No way!


And this toy is for babies, baby!
In the end, we left Toys R Us without buying anything.
There was an event in United Square to celebrate International Childhood Caner Day (which falls on 15 Feb, which is also our Total Defence Day, btw). Jaimie did her part by drawing a picture to express her support for those less fortunate children.


Being a parent myself, I can fully understand how heartache it feels if our children have to fight for survival at such a tender age. Many survivals of the childhood cancer patients came on stage to perform and even host the mini concert. I felt so touched. Wishing them the best of health and may they have a vibrant and beautiful life like these beautiful lanterns.

3 voices:

Lydia said...

That Disney Princess laptop is quite interactive for Jaimie, also, maybe she wanna be like mommy using a laptop.... why don't u get it for her as a surprise gift since she likes it?

I find that Counting Candles Birthday Cake toy is quite COOL in that you get to "blow off" the candles as many times as you wish(not just once a year, haha). My girls LOVE it, esp. Thaddea who blows with her lips close, need LOTS of practice, lol!

I have a little friend who is a Leukemia patient, the side effects of the treatments is unthinkable... so nice of Jae(& mommy) to support them in such a simple way, Jae's drawing is quite impressive k, big hand holding a flower, so cute! :)

Love Jaimie in her little sweet flower dress!

Joyce Long said...

Wah..she is very good at drawing now..actually that is the greatest gift for the cancer stricken kids..I feel so proud for Jae to have done it..

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

that is so true of my kids too. They have to choose their own things, even clothes in my daughter's case ("no pink colour, no wear", haha...). Jaimie already could associate shapes with forms, that's quite advanced for 3 year-olds, my girl is still drawing lines