Friday, December 4

Hakka Thunder Tea Rice (Stall number 2)

I stole the picture from Meekfreek's blog (sorry!! and thank you!!) as I did not manage to take any good pics of the TTR I ate today. And I am eating the same one she recommended in her blog.

Clement ended the day with a meeting near Vivocity hence we decided to go to Vivocity to try out the famous TTR.

Clement took a sip of the soup and took a spoonful of the rice. Then he politely pushed the food to me and went to buy a plate of char kwey teow. (!!!) He was poisoned by his colleagues, who described the delicious tea soup as "pig swill". Well, I must say TTR is a kind of food which you either love it or hate it. Just like durians.

Comparing to "Stall number 1", I would say the rice is much more delicious! They gave $4 worth of ingredients while stall number 1 gave $2.50 worth. You get what you pay. That's fine. The soup tastes different in both stalls. Vivocity has a thicker texture and more minty. Stall number 1 is relatively more diluted but somehow I think it tastes better and the serving is bigger too.

I may be trying TTR stall number 3 tomorrow!

0 voices: