Sunday, December 21

Some details of our trip

Since Clement wrote about our trip to KL and Sunway Lagoon, I shall just add on some details of our trip.

Lunch at Bejaya Times Sq
After playing in the Cosmo World in BTS (which opens only at 11am) for about an hour, we decided to go for lunch so that Jaimie could go for a nap back in the hotel before we returned to the amusement park, which allows multiple re-entry.

We decided to go for something simple since we had a heavy buffet breakfast in the hotel. The breakfast spread was average, typical Malaysian hotel food. There was nothing fantastic but we were easy going people (read: glutton) so we just ate and ate, lah.

Anyway, we settled on a place called "Station Kopitiam", which promised us more than 100 dishes to choose from. It wasn't very crowded. I estimated about 10 tables were being occupied. I picked a meatball spaghetti but the staff returned to tell me in Malay that it was not available today. Hmmm.... nevermind. As a very easy-going person, I easily picked another dish from the menu. Thankfully it was available.

While waiting, Clement brought Jaimie around the mall and the little girl came back 10mins later with a balloon. Our food and drinks were still not served.

We waited, and waited, and waited. Until.... Station kopitiam hired a lot of waiters and they looked very busy walking all over the place but no work was done. And the speed of their walking reminds me of the zombies in the game Clement played on his PS3/ Wii (which ever...)-- Resident Evil. Slow motioned, expressionless, not interested, waiting to be fired. I would not hesitate to pick up a shotgun and shoot at these real life zombies.

I managed to get the attention of one of the zombies and with my terribly limited Malay I told her to "Boleh tell kitchen chepat sikit?? Saya anak tidok already." She nodded disinterestedly and walked off. BANG BANG!

While waiting, Clement said, "If it's Meekfreek, I think she would not hesitate to complain to the manager!" I begged to differ. I said, "She'll probably just walk away." And we mangaed to kill some time guessing MF's reaction to the situation. Meekfreek?

We waited for a total of 40mins for this sweet and sour fish rice to be served. It has a total of 3.5slices of fish and we wondered how come it took 40mins to prepare!

SERVICE

We had Sushi King 2 days in a row. Once in BTS and once in Sunway Pyramid Mall. I think the food there in Sushi King is cheap and good!


This sashimi cost 25RM and a very decent set meal cost less than 20RM.

Anyway, I was generally more impressed with the service I received in Sunway. It wasn't just a shop or a hotel staff. Good service is everywhere. We didn't have any complains about the service in BTS except the zombies I mentioned earlier. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful too but they have a gap to bridge when compared to the hotel staff in Sunway Pyramid! When we checked out in from Pyramid Hotel, a chamber"man" (he was an Indian guy... so cant call him "chambermaid") greeted us and very nicely and politely, asked if we were checking out. When we said we were, he said "Thank you, sir. Goodbye, sir. Hope to see you again." It makes me feel very good and I sure hope to see him again! I should have asked him for his name and write a recommendation note but he was just one of the staff who makes me feel very welcomed and warm in the hotel.

Oh.. back to Sushi King. The staff in the BTS outlet were less zombie than those in the Station Kopitiam. They were ok.. just doing their job. The staff in Pyramid actually came up to us and asked us for feedback and they were very prompt. We definitely feel good and we to the extend we tipped them (which we, cheapo, do not usually do).

SHOPPING

Need I tell you again that I am a shopaholic?

Even though my fellow shopaholic friend Meekfreek shared in her blog that she bought nothing from BTS, I changed quite a bit of RM in case it was just Meekfreek's opinion. I finished walking round the mall in 1.5hours (it was hugh, must give credit to the space). Of which, I spent 20mins finding my way back to the hotel because some lifts serve odd numbered floors and some even numbered and some brought me to their offices. I spent another 20mins of the 1.5hours queuing in MarryBrowns (don't ask me why but it is a MUST EAT for us when we go Malaysia) because, as usual, the pace of the service is half a beat slower.

Anyway anway, sorry I digressed again.

There were so many shops in BTS but in my opinion, I think all the boutiques got their supplies from This Fashion. I was utterly disappointed. I couldn't even spend a single sen although I very much wanted to!

On the other hand, Sunway Pyramid is a shopping paradise!!! The shops are so much more happening. There is a good mix of local and international brands. I regret only spending one day in Sunway Lagoon!! And I shopped till I need to use my credit card.

BREAKFAST

What is spoilt for choice? The buffet breakfast in Pyramid Hotel IS spoilt for choice. It not only serves all the food that the BTS Hotel serves (no complains.. normal spread lah), it has much more! I like the french toast, the choice of cereals, the omelette station, the mini-steak, the siew mai...

Hmmm.. wait a minute. Maybe there was a complain on the BTS breakfast. Clement took a bowl of the porridge from the porridge station and complained to me that the staff either mixed up the pots or labelled the pots wrongly because he scooped from the pot with the "chicken porridge" label but it tasted like plain porridge. I ate some and told him it's plain chicken porridge. I could taste the chicken. Maybe it was Clement's taste buds.

9 voices:

Meekfreek said...

Haha! Did you remember to drop your expectations by 40% because you were in Malaysia truly...errr...zombie-land? I wouldn't have bothered complaining to the manager cos they're ALL THE SAME! I would have left after 10 mins. In Singapore, I always check out the servers before stepping into any shop/restaurant. If they've got a high percentage of zombies at the counter i don't go in. In Malaysia....no choice.

Meekfreek said...

The nice "chamberman" from Sunway was Indian lah...probably an import and not from zombie-land!

Anonymous said...

*huge laugh* was she exhausted or you guys REALLY waited that long???!!!

though I had Japanese food on Friday and today I had sushi again, but YOUR PHOTO makes me crave for MORE!!! Aiyo!

wolfgirl said...

Maybe they had to go to some 'longkang' to catch the fish???

Have you heard the Row, row, row your boat and Dayung Sampam joke? No, I don't think I will tell you.

Angie said...

MF, to be fair, we did meet some nice local-locals lah. They even went an extra mile to help us with our missing hotel vouchers and air tix etc.

Angeline, no kidding. we waited 40mins!!!!!!!

Wolf, tell me!!

LZmommy said...

Thanks for sharing your experience :) I would know what to expect if I ever go there.

On a lighter note, at least you don't spend any money on shopping ;)

Joyce Long said...

Hi Angie..it is great that you have share your details in your post..40mins of waiting for the food..think i get fumes up and surely my face look like chaocoal..

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Sorry to hear of the bad events that happened, guessed we were lucky the time we visited as we didn't need to wait for food.

Hopefully the next trip will be better.. : )

cheers,
astee

Rachel said...

hahaha..sorry to the m'sian reading your blog but i do agree with meekfreek 100%.