Sunday, December 14

Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet @T3

I thought the Mickey Mouse meet and greet only happened at 3.30pm in T3 so when Clement told me there was actually 2 more sessions at 5.30pm and 7.30pm, we wasted no time in going down to T3 after Jaimie woke up from her afternoon nap, hoping to catch the 5.30pm session.

When we reached T3 at 4.40pm, we thought that the lantern display at Level 1 was where the photograhy session going to be held and we were glad that there was no queue. We went around taking photos and then at 5.20pm, we heard the MC talking from the basement! By then, the queue for the 5.30pm session was full and we were advised to wait for the 7.30pm session instead.
Jaimie's shots.


See the pic below. This was the queue at 6.20pm, if you can figure out where was the beginning of the queue. I quickly joined the queue and asked Clement to bring Jaimie around while waiting.

That was the queue behind me at 6.45pm.
Something terrible happened while I was queuing.

You see, there were quite a few families who made their maids wait in the queue while they went somewhere else and joined the queue later. The maid who was in front of me smiled at me. No, it wasn't just a friendly gesture. It was a "so-you-are-also-the-maid-made-to-wait-in-the-queue-while-your-mom-is-drinking-coffee-somewhere-sigh-we-are-in-the-same-boat" smile. I was totally shocked and speechless so I quickly messaged Clement and told him what happened.

When Clement came back, I told him what happened again. He made some careful observation and then told me that the maids have got 6 distinct characteristics. (1) they have short hair (2) they wear t-shirts (3) they wear jeans (4) they do not wear make up (5) they do not wear glasses (6)wear slippers.

Upon hearing that, I was in deeper shock! Because I (1) just cut my hair short (2) +(3) always wear tshirts and jeans on weekends for convenience (4) wants to give my skin a breather on weekends (5) did lasik last year (6)wearing slippers.

NO WONDER I WAS MISTAKEN AS A MAID BY ANOTHER MAID!!!!! *thunder clapping*

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately vowed to (1) put on make up on weekends (2) not wear tshirts on weekends in the future!

*loud sigh*

Anyway, the queue moved quite fast once the photography session began. We passed our SLR to one of the working staff and he helped us took a picture too. We waited for less than 20mins for our complimentary photo to be printed out. That was faster than we anticipated.

13 voices:

Joyce Long said...

Wow..you all make it for the photos...We were there at 3pm and saw Ezra family.

LZmommy said...

Wow! That's a loooong queue!

Haha! I think I would be in the same boat as you if I am not pregnant now ;) After hearing all the characteristic Clement has mentioned, I think I better start putting makeup after giving birth :p

Meekfreek said...

Once I heard about the queue, Mickey and Minnie meet-up was out of the question! I just can't do it.

I laughed out loud at your maid story! Still laughing now! There's no way that she mistook you for a maid or else she would have asked you 1) why your ma'am never gave you Sunday off 2) how much you earn 3) if you've got a boyfriend/spare cash/stolen goods you need to offload and then she would have started complaining about her employers and expected you to do the same.

She was probably smiling in that knowing way cos back in her country they don't queue (why queue when your brother's cousin's uncle's sister in-law sewed the costumes/built the stage or is in fact Mickey or Minnie!). It was a "my employer is just like you..." look!

Angie said...

no no. meekfreek, it's definitely you-are-my-fellow-countryman look. i forgot to add that i was slugging Clement's SLR bag on one shoulder and sloppily carrying my unglam weekend bag with another hand. and I was holding on to Jaimie's strawberry shortcake waterbottle in my hand because I was so bored in the queue that i forgot to keep it in the bag.

I had it coming. =_=

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, when we reached there at ard 3pm+ we were shocked to see the long queue. There's simply no way I'm going to queue just for the photo-taking.

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Wow..such a long Q...i was planning to do this show this wkend but becos i was sick so can't go and Q.... : P

Thanks for sharing.. : )

cheers,
astee

Rachel said...

O please!!! your look is not even close to being a maid's face!!

I would have given up with that kinda queue!

Shana said...

Great pics! I think there was such a crowd because this is the their first public appearance in the airport. After one look at the queue, I really don't want to join it. Really kudos to all the parents who have the patience :)

Clement said...

I'm really surprised at the size of the crowd too. Don't see this kinda turn out at the other events like the Sesame Street, Barney, Hello Kitty etc. Somemore those have live shows and this one is only Meet and Greet.

Why ah? Mickey Mouse really so much more popular than Elmo et al meh?

In any case, since Jae had a good time there, it was a worthwhile trip to the airport. Deal was made even sweeter cos we ate our fav Popeye chicken meal too! :)

viv said...

haha we did the exact same thing at the airport!! but must say the organiser did a good job with crowd control & things moved very fast

Anonymous said...

*huge laugh* Grow those hair!!!! well at least that's one characteristic down!!!

that photo is superb! Worth the wait!

Shiny Stars said...

Haha I had a great laugh at the 'traits of maid'..please lah, you dun even have the look of a maid!

wolfgirl said...

An advantage of being overweight is that I WILL NEVER be mistaken as a maid! (though I have the same haggard tanned look)