Saturday, December 27

3rd Class Behaviour

PART ONE

This was the queue when I went down to book the BBQ pit at 8am. The second and the third chair were occupied by grandma and granddaughter. The customer service opens at 9am. Well...

More people came after me but as there was no more space to stand behind me, they just hung around. I noticed an auntie in pink adidas tshirt came after me and I just made a mental note (out of boredom) that she was 4th in the queue.

Later, the Mr of the pink auntie took over her and he asked her what was her "queue number". She replied "3rd". I overheard it and I got a little defensive because I WAS THIRD.

When the counter was opened, the crude mannered uncle threw an open question to us "Who's first?" I quickly responded by pointing at the respective people in the queue"One, two and three".

"NO!!~~??" said the angry and upset uncle who had lost one eyesight, literally. "My wife said she was third."

"She came here first." the granddaughter in yellow shirt and pink collar pointed at me and replied as a matter of factly. Immediately, I gave him a "SEE?" look.

"WHY? WHY YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT?" the one-eyed dragon suddenly barked at the girl. I was a little surprised because I thought he would bark at me instead. I turned to look at the girl and saw that she was looking at the uncle in a "sian" look. Well, the same look was on her face for the past one hour. She was just born with the sian face, not that she was trying to be funny or what.

"No...." she whispered and turned her head away.

Not believing my eye witness, Uncle picked up his handphone and called his wife to confirm their "queue number".

Sianz.

Third class behaviour.

PART TWO

My mobile phone rang. The caller id showed an unfamilar number but I still picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello..." click. The male voice, who sounded like a 20 something, probably realised that he dialed the wrong number and he just hung up without even saying sorry or goodbye.

Do I take this kind of behaviour?

Noooooo.

I called him back.

"HELLO. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS TO SAY SORRY YOU CALLED THE WRONG NUMBER OR SAY SORRY. DONT JUST HANG UP LIKE THAT."

Click.

Apparently this chap didn't learn his lesson.

Third class behaviour.

6 voices:

Meekfreek said...

Very interesting...on Part 1, he could be the One Eyed Dragon! You know, the hit-man! Why do have to queue so early for the bbq pit?

On Part 2, I have encountered this many, many times. When there is a number I do not recognize on my phone now, I sometimes pick it up but I do not speak. The other person will then have to ask for who they want. If it its a wrong number, I tell them "wrong number" and I am always first to hang up. If it it someone "spamming" - usually a bank, I stay silent and they will ask for me by name but I will ask "who is this?". Then I will say "take my name off your list, I am not interested".

I totally understand how you feel!

wolfgirl said...

Maybe his eye kena poked by BBQ skewer... hahah...he must be a true blue BBQ fan!

Whenever I had to queue without number yet, e.g. outside clinic b4 it opens, I will either tell RR very very loudly...we are number (xx), that gor gor go first, then that auntie, then that uncle in blue, then us, ok??? Or I will pretend to talk loudly into my phone, "yah, I am lumber XX, got twee people in fant. I hweenish call u."---to make sure people know their place and will not 'jump' queue.

Angie said...

there is only one pathetic function room in our condo. since it is the CNY period, everybody is rushing for the function room to organise gatherings. there are 6 bbq pits available lah.. my first choice was the function rm but i was still too late. so i bkd the bbq pit instead.

Joyce Long said...

That one eye dragon uncle is very rude and so terrible..I deemed him as no class...uncivilise. I have to say his wife is also one kind..I can understand how you feel if you din get what you want.

For part 2..I normally just say to that other party..sorry wrong number and I hang up...I am surprise you call him back...

Angeline said...

*deep sigh*
I think every country have such people... but I'm sad to say, with the frequent travels of mine in the past, I only see such 'behaviours' in Singapore...

Shana said...

I also encounter pple slaming down their phone when they dial the wrg number, at times, I'm really angry at these pple. But hor, I never thought of calling them back & giving them a piece of my mind. Think I should do as u do, and really let them know how it feels to have pple slaming down on them.