Friday, October 24

小木偶

9:45pm.

Jae's bedtime.

"要看紫妮妹妹唱‘挥挥手’!"

"No. You've already watched that a while ago. And its late now. Go to sleep. We can view it again tomorrow."

"No~~~ I want to watch now! Heeeerrrrr.....Heerrrrrr...."

I let her practice her acting chops for a couple of minutes. Hmmmm....not bad.....good use of the hands-to-eyes gesture. The mock cries also sounded more authentic than her previous attempts.

Still pretending to be surfing the net on my Acer Aspire One (more than one can play the game!), I said aloud

"Hmmm....who's that naughty child who is crying for no reason? When I find her, I'd send her to the naughty corner."

The mock cries ceased abruptly.

Giving the moment a dramatic pause before finally looking up at Jae, I asked "Jaimie, do you know where the naughty child is? Could you tell Papa where she is?"

Jae's hands snapped down from her (very dry) eyes, now very wide and staring unblinkingly at me. I could almost hear her bewilded little mind churning, trying to work out a response to my unexpected query.

"It's Gor-Gor.", she offered.

Uh-oh.

"What Gor-Gor? Where is he?", I asked gently.

"At Fidgets. Fidgets Playground!"

It was my turn to be surprised. Didn't quite expect this nonsensical, but quite amusing answer.

"媛媛啊,你讲骗话鼻子会像小木偶一样变长的哦!"

Fake cries were replaced by genuine laughter, which was quite infectious, really.

*sigh*....I shall leave the Don't-Tell-Lies lecture for another time...

2 voices:

Anonymous said...

*laugh* kids at this age got imaginary friends and I think "Gor Gor" is her imaginary friend... *wink* the 'scapegoat' *laugh*

wanted to tell you got an award for you, but you were faster than me... *wink*

Anonymous said...

Haha, the other day Rain also accuse Ah-ma (grandma) of beating her stomach. One , ah-ma doesn't beat her, and two, why the stomach? HAHA.