Sunday, May 25

VU Haircut

Izzy mei-mei, Ilis mei-mei and Cherrlyn mei-mei have all gone for a professional cut. Mommy thinks that it's time I go for a proper haircut at the hairdresser's too.

While waiting for Uncle Ah Seng, Aunty Shelley and Arrrriii-fin jie-jie (translation: Seraphine jie-jie) to join us for lunch, mommy and papa tried to bring me to QB Cut at IMM. I wailed as loud as I could when mommy tried to put me on the chair and I clinged on to mommy like a koala bear. Mommy and papa had no choice but to bring me out of the salon. They sweet-talk me, bribe me, convince me, threaten me.... but I just won't give in. After spending half an hour outside the salon, mommy brought me in again. I did my wailing trick and mommy quickly brought me out again. Yeah!

However, mommy insisted that today is THE day I should cut my untidy hair. So she brought me to VU Cut. The hairdresser took off my clothes, wet my hair and put me in the bathroom. She used my favourite toothbrush to distract me while she quickly snipped off quite a lot of my hair. Erm... not that I have a lot of hair to begin with....

This is my new look.
Side view.

SIGH!!!!!! This is a horrible haircut! I can't even take another look at myself in the mirror!! I swear I will not step into VU Salon again! I will be good and go to QB or EC or whatever! Anything but VU!

By the way, VU Haircut is Very Ugly Haircut.

14 voices:

Anonymous said...

lol, the haircut is so UA (aka ugly but very adorable) :)

i can totally relate to this as my girl can also be very uncooperative during her monthly haircut session by mummy. With her always looking downwards at her cut hair, its very difficult to gauge. hiaz...

Idy said...

Hahaha, VU indeed leh... :P

But mummy is so brave and fast, at least can trim it neater. Don't worry, hair will grow very fast, Jae will be a pretty babe in no time!

stardust said...

Oh no. I also dare not cut Vince's hair liao after a bad hair fringe.

Try to get Jae slowly used to professional hairdresser. If need be, you can arm carry her keep her occupied first while hairstylist do a quick trim. My DH is still carrying Vince on his lap at the barber.

wolfgirl said...

Where is VU salon? Got cut hair in bathroom one hah???

Meekfreek said...

VU Salon!!!! Brings back my own childhood memories at VU Salon in Australia! They have branches everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. I'm sure every baby has had his/her bad hair(cut) day! I used to bring Faith to Junior's League but she was always wailing away. 2 out of 3 times, the haircut was unsatisfactory, mainly caused by her moving around too much. I then asked my sis to help cut Faith's hair but her fringe ended up so toot and ugly.

In the end, I decided I'd be able to do a much better job myself. Saved tons of money! Btw, it's better to cut when the hair's dry cos otherwise, there's a tendency to end up cutting it shorter.

Lydia said...

haha, I think it's VC haircut, la. Very Cute. Not ugly at all... I like the 1st pic how Jae crossed her legs while leaning on mommy.

I am planning to trim my baby's hair myself as I can't stand her funky hairstyle any longer, lol. Wait till you see the b4 & after pics! I cut my girls hair too, just their bangs when it gets longer...

Joyce Long said...

Angie, quite good for the 1st attempt. Remember me last time when I 1st cut for Cherrlyn. Practise make perfect. Jae look so adorable with her new look. I like her lying on the down giving that girly look. So cute. Their hair go very fast, be then she will welcome having a new image..

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Well, there is always a 1st time.. : P

May i suggest that u try saloon that are good with trimming kid's hair to eliminate her fear.

rgds,
astee

Anonymous said...

*laugh* at least the kid and the stylist survived! It's a skill to cut kid's hair at this age...so during those times, my MIL was the one in charge. Phew!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

your VU haircut consider not bad leh, my SU haircut (super ugly haircut) is much much horribe and we are going to try again in about 2 weeks time, too long already! not the fringe lah.. haha..

Angie said...

at least jae made everybody laughed with her new hairdo. =_= her teacher asked her who cut her hair for her. the little one honestly told the teacher it was "mama". *@______@*

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, Angie, you never fail to make me laugh!! the haircut is simply KAWAII~~!!

wolfgirl said...

Heh?? Angie open hair salon??

Why I catch no ball?????