Wednesday, December 5

IPIPPT!

Yes, I Passed IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test) yesterday!

This year I got 'upgraded' to Cat Z, which means the test requirements I had to meet were somewhat less demanding than those for last year, under Cat Y1. Aging does have its advantages.

A bit sayang, cos I missed Silver standard (and $100 monetary incentive) by 7 seconds in my 2.4km run. Oh well...am just glad that I ended up passing at all. I felt genuine fear of failing right after I started the run. It was as though my bodily systems were in a less-than-optimal state and it felt as though I didn't have full control over my limbs in motion. I had this sensation throughout the run that I was going to get tripped by my own feet. Either my brain was working too slow or my legs were moving too fast. I seriously doubt it was the latter.

Oh, I also brought home a souvenior from the test - a sprained left thumb, which I got while doing the shuttle run station. Luckily that was after I'd done the pull-ups.

ANYWAY...now that I'd passed, it means a one year liscence before my next facing up to this butterfly-in-stomach ordeal that is the IPPT. Celebrated my pass with a nice plate of char kueh teow for dinner last night~!

0 voices: