Monday, August 20

2nd Visit to the Airport

Brought Jaimie to the Changi Airport yesterday afternoon. This was her second visit to the airport, the first was earlier this month. We revisted the place 'cos ostensibly, Jae appeared to like viewing the aeroplanes. The other reason which really cemented our decision to go despite the relatively long distance had to do with our stomach - both Angie and I wanted to eat the Popeye's fried chicken meal at T1. Yummy~!

This time round, we managed to get onboard the airport skytrain. Jaimie showed no particular interest nor disinterest during the short journey between T1 and T2. While trotting along at T2, we came across one of those luggage weighing scales. You know, those large, stainless steel machines that passengers can use to see if their luggage items can meet the weight requirements or if they have to pay for excess baggage. Angie suddenly stopped and asked our little girl to stand up onto the scale.

Me: Eh, 不要啦。
Angie: 没关系啦!来,媛媛。站上来。

I got a bit paiseh so geh-geh walk on slightly ahead first. At the same time, I couldn't resist looking, nor mask my curiosity over this little delinquent act that my two girls were partaking in. The digital scale fluctuated from 10.0kg to 10.1kg when initially Jae managed to stand stationary on the platform. Then the figures went erratically up and down when our little dancing queen decided to perform tap dancing on the weighing machine. Aiyo...We quickly dragged her down before we kenna orr-gong for damaging public property.

2 voices:

stardust said...

I agree mothers are more gung-ho

:)

Angie said...

Well, the truth is I made Jaimie stood on the weighing machine so that I can weigh myself too on the digital scale without looking too prominent!

Hey!! The scale there is very friendly. Both Jaimie and I are 0.5kg lighter than how much we weighed at home. so comforting...