Wednesday, March 22

"Food Glorious Food" Thread

This email thread started when Raymond broached the food topic during his initial days of his India trip.

*********************************************
2 Mar 2006 (11:32pm) - RAYMOND said :
Hello everyone! I survived the last 4 days in India! This place is hit by bird flu and there is no chicken and eggs or us. Even the locals do not eat them....everyday eat flour, vegetable and pototos. The food are oily and I am missing the hawker centres in Spore!

Alamak....talking about it now, I feel very hungry :( Hope I survive the next 2 weeks....today got one colleague down by food poisoning...wondering who's next. :(

3 Mar 2006 (8:20am) - ANGIE said :

Hi Raymond,

Hope you remembered to pack some instant noodles in your luggage. i love Singapore style indian food but i cannot take the real indian food.

There was a Indian wedding dinner i attended many years ago in a temple. they served brayani-look-alike rice. i happily took a plate full and when i put the first spoonful into my mouth, i immediately had to spit it out. of course one of the main reasons is there was raisins in the rice. and i HATE, HATE, HATE raisins.

When you are back, let's have a gathering with everybody and eat at Geylang, how about that? I cannot forget the beef horfun which we ate with Terry, Pam, Bernard and Cedric. and of course i remembered pam had to put her legs on the chair although she was wearing a short skirt because there were quite a few cats hanging around, singing "Memory" in the alley.

Cheers,
YP

3 Mar 2006 (10:59am) - JANICE said :

Yes, I told raymond to pack biscuits & instant noodles there...

Luckily...

Though I like raisins, but raisins with rice is kind of weird...

Guess we chinese not used to the taste...

3 Mar 2006 (12:34pm) - ANGIE said :

It seems like i am the only odd one out in the group who dislike raisins, chocolate and cheese cake.

Oh, my fellow hate-raisin friend is bernard.

YP

p/s: give me raisins as bday present or Xmas present and i will stop friending you.


4 Mar 2006 (7:16pm) - YS said :

You are normal.. raisins in rice is a no go for me too

4 Mar 2006 (9:20pm) - RAYMOND said :

Greatings from Nashik...Raisins with rice is fine with me. I like them!

haha...guess I am the odd one out.

I will go with YP's suggestion for beef hor fun! Can't wait to come home.

Today we tasted chicken for the first time in the camp cook house. Guess the ban was lifted and SAF is eating chicken again. :)

6 Mar 2006 (8:45am) - SHU said :

Raisins in anything are neither *puke* nor *mama mia!* for me.

Absolutely neutral. And you'd get to keep my friendship if you give me raisins.

Glad that you're at least getting some decent food, Raymond. Chicken is good. Got snake to eat or not?

11 Mar 2006 (11:39am) - RAYMOND said :

Hello everyone. I am still alive.... The last 2 days were hell for me. I was doing the "Merlion" act (4 times a nite!) and the LS job every alternate 2 hours. The charcoal and vomitting pills work and finally I am back to a normal diet. Ask me what is not a normal diet (just imagine one day surviving on 1 packet of plain biscuits, crashed in warm water so that it was soft, in order to avoid gastric pain). A normal diet is roti prata and all sort of "curries". :(

I miss the beef horfun!

Other than the little mishap, work and everything fine. Can't wait to get home real soon.

15 Mar 2006 (9:21am) - CEDRIC said :

My dear friend,

That is a perfect trainning:

1) First, you "train" yourself to stay awake the night (vomiting and stomach pain) and stay awake during the day during the meeting. That will forge your body and your mind for night party and be able to work after a hard night...
2) You will slim fast with "merlion" works ;) and looks, as always, perfect!!!
3) And you will know how home is good :)

YOU SHOULD BE AN HAPPY MAN!!!!

And do not forget to come to France in order to take some weight back ;)

No kisses today, only when you will feel better ;)

16 Mar 2006 (3:56pm) - RAYMOND said :

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Talking about losing weight, I think this is a failed mission. The food here is not only spicy but oily. I am hanging on here. 3 more days and I will be thru! See you real soon.

17 Mar 2006 (3:45pm) - CEDRIC said :

Come to my place, I will be dedicated to my honey and gorgeous food + wine;)

22 Mar 2006 (9:30am) - RAYMOND said :

Hello everybody. I am back! Today is first day in office after the long trip. Can't write much as there are tonnes of emails to clear. This weekend is packed with programmes. Suggest a meetup next weekend for beef hor fun?

:)

22 Mar 2006 (9:51am) - PAM said :

We are definitely meeting next weekend coz all of you are invited to Xalicia's 1st birthday celebration on 2 Apr 2006(Sunday) at 6pm at our place. Sorry for the late notice...i'll check if we cld cater for Geyland Beef Hor Fun to be delivered to our place......: p

0 voices: