Monday, June 23

My Shopping Spree At Kinokuniya

Reading has always been my number one passion before we have broadband at home. *ahem* Due to space constraint and bad time management in the cyberspace, I have not been buying books recently. Term 3 starts today and I felt that I needed retail therapy to upgrade myself so I decided to go down to Kinokuniya in the afternoon.

Here are my harvest.

1) Parenting books
This series of books are highly recommended by my best friend. Actually, the book I was trying to get in Jurong Regional Library is "How To Talk So Kids Will Listen...". Apparently, it was a very popular title and they are on loan in most libraries. Well, might as well get a personal copy!

I know some of you are thought you smell a fish when you read my previous post about being a parent of 2 for 1 day. And you think you confirmed that there is a fish when you see the book I bought about Sibling Rivalry. No no no. That is just purely for my reading pleasure.

What do adopted children want their parents to know? I would very much like to know too.

2) Chinese books
As a fan of the Taiwanese rock group五月天, of course I will support the pregnancy journal 《我的摇滚妈咪》written by 石头和狗狗. And it comes with a necklace that says "Rock Baby". Perfect for Ms Jae. Hoho.I was attracted by the cover of the red book which explores the Japanese culture -- Why are the Japanese Obsessed With compressing things? Hmmm.. interesting! They compressed the radio to a walkman and compressed a bento into rice balls. Their compressed versions are usually better than the original! When I opened up the box, I was not too surprised to see a mini book.
The last book is reading for professional upgrading. I want to more about Confucious Ethics and hopefully I will be able to infuse the great teachings in my lessons.

So many books to read! So little time!

3 voices:

wolfgirl said...

Wow!!!! I wanted to get the Prof Yu Dan's 'lun yu' books also. Saw it at world book fair but queue too long. hehehe...you got it at Kino Orchard right? must go must go.

I bought your recommended "how to talk to kids...." from Popular 20% off also.

And I bought 5 languages of love for kids/children/teens (can't remember) at Kino...heeheehee...except for HTTTK, I have not touched the rest yet...

Meekfreek said...

The book How to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk is a very insightful read...it was recommended to me too.

Joyce Long said...

Wow..that are lots of books that you got..

Recently I had my shopping spree - Art Books cuz I cld not find it as e-books.

I always see seminar talks on How to Talk so that kids listen..highly recommended book for parents like us.

Confucious Ethics!!!!.I took that as my secondary school reglious studies..a good choice to pick up for your research..