Friday, March 21

Ain't So Good Friday

I am so not looking forward to the 2-week overseas course that I'd be attending at the end of the month. This is because I'd be missing Jae-Jae's 2nd birthday which is gonna be right smack in the middle of the 2 weeks I'd be out of town. I know I'm gonna miss my girls a lot during this trip. To not be around during Ah-Girl's birthday is just gonna make it suck all the more.

Bo-bian. When boss shot an arrow this huge, at point blank, no less, there was simply no way that I could have siam'ed. Lan lan.

So, we'd decided to bring forward the celebrations to a week before my departure. This was meant to be just a small family-only affair that we planned to be held today, coinciding with the public holiday Good Friday, which incidentally didn't turn out to be that good for us 'cos of this nasty flu and fever that Jae came down with earlier this week. I still blame myself for this.

Well, Angie has already blogged about this family get-together, so I'm just gonna post some more pics taken today over here.


Jaimie woke up at around half past seven this morning. The first thing that came out of her mouth when she saw me walk into her room was "要看。要看 Maisy. Please!" Since we have recently started inculcating in her the habit of "No TV at night. TV only during daytime", I thought it only fair that I give her what I'd promised her last night when I rejected her request to watch "Bing and Bong" just before her bedtime. I picked the Maisy VCD titled "Birthday and Other Stories". Quite apt for today, I thought.


See how happy she looked in these pics? She was really quite fine early this morning. I didn't at all expect that shortly afterwards, the tap that is her nose would get turned on all of a sudden. Temperature also went back up. She must have been feeling really bad today 'cos her normally cheery disposition was completely gone, replaced with perpetual wailing. Poor girl's face was just covered with tears and mucus the entire day.


This here is a Photo Book. I'd got this made some 2 weeks ago, with the intention to show this collection of Jae's photos taken between her 12th and 23rd month during the get-together. In part due to my own forgetfulness, in part due to Jae's constant fussing throughout the session, I'd totally forgotten to bring this item out to show our guests. *sigh* Anyway, I intend to get one of these books done each year. Hopefully I'd remember to bring it out during Jae's 3rd birthday celebration.


BIL Ah-Leong, who also got the cake for Jae's first birthday last year, got one with Elmo on it this time round. Angie decided to get the cartoon agar-agar this year. This Pooh one she ordered from a stall at Beauty World foodcourt - cheaper than the other source which she used to place orders from previously.

Her presents. I hope she'd be well enough tomorrow to enjoy the TMX Elmo (Extra Special Edition) that I'd gotten for her.

0 voices: