Wednesday, January 30

"英雄帖" Tag

Just as the tag spirit was about to croak in this blog, it miraculously got resuscitated. Not unlike how Claire Bennet regenerated her cut opened body in the morgue shortly after the tree branch was extracted from the the back of her head.

Well, this tag requires the taggee to choose which special ability from the characters in the TV series "Heroes" he'd wish to possess most.



First thought that came to mind was that it must be a hoot to have the power of invisibility (Claude Rains). With this ability, I'd be able to go anywhere I want to go and take anything I need. Ok, well...not anything, cos I wouldn't be able to carry off say a brand new regridgerator from Courts for my new home. But you know, I can live life easy by not having to work at all and simply take (ok, steal) whatever I need from the world. Not to mention the voyeuristic possibilities that'd come with being the invisible man. Morality issues aside, this is one COOL power to possess.

As I dwell upon the question posed by this tag a little further, it dawned upon me that Rains the invisible man must be a terribly lonely person. Even if one is to disregard the fact that he was constantly on the run from his ex-employer, the way he uses his power and how he renounces any and every forms of morality and social values mean that it must be extremely difficult, or impossible, to live with a person like Rains. A social outcase, an ostracised person, a lone island. I wouldn't want that for myself.

I then thought that it'd be great if I can't be hurt, should I have the powers of regneration of Claire Bennet. But I quickly realised that that which would hurt me the most is not going to be physical damage inflicted onto my body. No. It'd be harm that comes the way of my loved ones - my 2 girls, my parents, my friends. Neither becoming invisible nor re-growing my internal organs would be of any help. I'd still be crushed.

So, I have decided that the Heroes power that I wish to possess if given the choice is

the power of HEALING (Mr Linderman)

This particular power has practical, everyday kinda usage, especially if you have a kid who has tendencies to fall of beds. Also, you won't have to worry about what Means Testing...

Now, I wish this tag to be passed on to:
Do this tag, and I'd be able to know your thoughts on this issue without having to be Matt Parkman. (Provided you guys do watch Heroes lah...)

3 voices:

Noe said...

Wah!!! Please wait hor because I hadn't the oppourtunity to watch Heroes yet. =P

Clement said...

hahaa...okok. but seriously, if u get to find time off from your 3 Js to watch just one series this year, make it Heroes Season 1!

Noe said...

('><) They have more than one season.
Ok ok. I will definitely take your recommendation.