Saturday, December 1

The Opposition Party

"爸爸...爸爸"

The little bio-alarm clock sounded at half past seven this morning. I propped myself up from the bed and turned to look down on the bumper bed on the floor by the foot of our bed. There little Jaimie was, fumbling to get up onto her feet. One could tell she wasn't fully awake from the way her heavy eyelids hung over her semi-opened eyes.

"媛媛, 要不要上来爸爸妈妈的床上?", I asked the girl who was now leaning onto the bedside, her head nodding in a sleepy rhythm.

"不要!", came the immediate reply.

"那么你继续在下面哪儿躺躺,好吗?" , I patted her little green pillow audibly.

"不要!". Now why arn't I surprised at all.

And then she plonked back down onto her mattress, and fell back into blissful sleep. (-_-)

Opposing just for the sake of opposing. Not unlike what we see in the local political scene...
..................................................................................

Since we have noticed Jaimie's development of her anti-anything tendencies, it has in fact become easier for us to 'manupilate' her reactions. For example, in those instances where we'd wanted her to be carried by me at the end of a journey in the car, I'd say,

"媛媛, 妈妈抱抱, 好吗?"

"不要! 爸爸抱抱!" would come the response, very predictably.

I'd then just have to go over and pick the little rebel up, while shooting a triumphant glance over at mommy.

3 voices:

LZmommy said...

At this age they like to do this :) As they get older, they won't. But when they reach the teenage year, I think it will start all over again :) And which I hope it will not...

Angie said...

LZMommy, i thk terrible 2 is nth compared to the teengae rebel.....:(

Anonymous said...

hahah that's another way to handle her then.