Friday, December 21

Little Leonardo da Vinci at Work

I got Jae this set of Crayola MESS FREE fingerpainting art set from Toys R Us. She had a set of finger painting water colour earlier but I accidentally threw the whole bag of water colour and palette away in my recent spring cleaning. =_=

I sat Jae down on the stool and laid out the colouring book in front of her. She was very excited and shouted "yao! yao!" (I want) When I opened the colour palette, instead of rubbing lightly on the palette and rub onto the colouring book, our da Vinci decided to DIG her fingers into the palette and plaster it on the picture!

Before she dug out the entire palette of colours, I quickly moved it away and held her hand to rub on the picture. She was quite amazed to see the colours appearing on the colour wonder paper. However, the amusment only sustained for 3 secs. She was more interested in digging the palette. Hence, the art session today ended up with Jae digging and colours and plastering it onto the colouring book while mommy was the one who ended up doing the actual colouring.

It was quite a fun session (and expensive one!! This art set cost $19.90!). Out of the 24 pages, Jae (and I) coloured 4. You might not see very clearly in the pictures but Jae's favourite colour is ORANGE. That is why we have an orange Pooh Bear, an orange Tigger and an orange Piglet too.

I really appreciate this mess free product very much. Neither do I need to clean up the house nor a colourful daughter after a free expression session with her. I am looking forward to do crafft work with Jae when she is older. Many mommies blogged about the craft work they do with their kids. They have fabulous ideas which I cannot wait to try out!

5 voices:

stardust said...

I like Crayola too

Vince is using their twistable colour pencils, no need to sharpen no mess and cleaner than crayons, haha

His favourite colour is also orange
but he cannot differentiate much between blue and purple

Crazymommy said...

We tried this mess-free fingerpaint before but Nikita didn't like it as much as the normal washable fingerpaint. I actually didn't mind my daughter turning into a "Zhong Wu Yan" as long as she enjoys the painting session and also I also find that mess-free fingerpainting is quite boring... So in the end, the mess-free fingerpaint kits are stash somewhere in the basement now.:P

happypig said...

IMM的Kidzmall有20%折扣。我前天才买了disney princess 的给萱殷。:)

Angie said...

Personally i prefer the water colours too. More "happening". but since Jaimie has no preference yet, I will stick to this mess free thingy for now. When she is older like Nikita, i will get her the normal washable colours. it is very funny and accurate to describe the colourful daughter as "钟无艳"!!

happypig: i am using toys R us vouchers.. so it's ok. :) i managed to get the store to let me use the expired gift vouchers... quite "tan toeh" in that sense. haha!!

Anonymous said...

After reading this post, I bought 2 sets for Dayan to try out. Kids Mall is having 20% discount. The usual price for Winnie is also cheaper than Toys R Us. It's $17. The other set I bought is fruits ($13).